To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
149 Arizona 64
Grand Canyon Village, AZ 86023
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Front Desk Manager-Tusayan, AZ
Grand Canyon Railway • Grand Canyon Village, AZ
Posted 15 days ago
Control front office operations of their assigned lodge/hotel and set the standards for desk organization and function, resulting in quality guest service.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Supervise staff daily and constantly evaluate job performance of Bell staff, Guest Service Agents, Lead Agents, Assistant Front Office Manager and Concierge.
- Supervise staff to ensure that proper guest service is provided at the hotel/lodge.
- Schedule for front desk and bell coverage according to business demands in an effort to establish an efficient and economical operation.
- Coordinate the training of new employees and the on-going training of front office staff. Conduct annual reviews for assigned staff and administer corrective action as necessary.
- Supervise and control rooms throughout shift to prevent double bookings, sleepers, and other room errors, and to maintain room control. Report out of order rooms to Maintenance and Rooms Department Management.
- Manage the blocking of VIP rooms, tour rooms and special requests.
- Work closely with Sales Office on tour group bookings, ensuring proper room counts, rooming lists, and billing.
- Maintain the shift log and respond to issues and occurrences noted.
- Maintain key control and guest security procedures.
- Oversee all public areas and guest rooms for assigned unit.
- Maintain room inventory by keeping abreast of all revenue lost through out-of-order rooms, NAFS and other maintenance problems. Resolve such problems in a timely basis with Maintenance, Housekeeping and the Assistant Rooms Director.
- Maintain and uphold all Front of the House operations while setting the standards of high guest service.
- Ensure that assigned staff is adhering to all Xanterra Tusayan, LLC lost and found policies and procedures.
- Use a sense of discretion and professionalism when handling guest complaints, make adjustments on accounts when warranted.
- Administer all front office and Rooms Department policies and procedures.
- Maintain open communications with Unit Housekeeper and housekeeping staff.
- Work with designated accounting personnel to resolve billings and reconciliations.
- Keep Rooms Department Management informed of front desk issues and concerns.
- Ensure deposits, reservation, cancelations and accuracy of reservations through the OTA’s are monitored.
- Assume all functions and responsibilities of a Front Desk Clerk, Night Audit, Lead, Supervisor and Manager when necessary.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation performance of all Front Desk Staff (Bell Staff, Concierge and Common Area when applicable). Document thoroughly any and all issues with employees, sharing with Manager/Director.
- Ensuring schedules are posted by Noon each Monday.
- Assist in managing labor according to schedule and business levels.
- The accurate & timely completion of all reports i.e. Accident, Lost & Found, Lost Credit Card, etc.
- Ensure that Kronos is monitored daily for entire Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess sufficient experience and technical expertise in all functions of the front office. Experience with front office software especially Opera helpful.
- Ability to train new personnel and maintain an ongoing training program.
- Ability to deal with diverse guest clientele in a variety of situations
- One-year management experience preferably in guest service setting preferred.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.