To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Technical Support Specialist
The Judge Group • Seattle, WA
Posted 1 month ago
Other Great Industries
Our client is currently seeking a Technical Support Specialist on a contract-to-hire basis.
Description of Job Duties:
The successful candidate will add value by:
•Recommends or performs complex actions to correct problems using remote diagnostic, remediation technology and tools or at user locations to install, modify, or make repairs to computer hardware and/or software.
•Supports major computer system and laptop deployment projects.
•Controls coordination with affected end user departments while assisting other technical support staff and/or student workers.
•Tests and evaluates proposed hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing computer system, peripherals and the network.
•May provide assistance with entry level network tasks such as network server backup rotation, network account maintenance, and activation of data jacks.
•Provides support for large-scale computer delivery and installation projects.
•Provides recommendations, updates, status, and completion information to manager and/or CIO, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
•Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
•1-3 years hardware/software troubleshooting experience in a Windows/Mac environment.
•A pleasant and collegial personality consistent with the mission of a service-oriented unit
•Experience working in higher education preferred.
•Relevant industry certifications (A+, Network+, etc.)
•Experience using/configuring configuration management tools (SCCM, KACE, Altiris, etc.)
•Experience supporting Windows 7/10 and Mac OS X (10.10-10.12)
•Microsoft Systems Center (SCCM)
- Will be joining a team of 4 technicians and 1 Lead.
- Deploy new computers to customers. Also evaluate, refurbish, and redeploy computers.
- Troubleshoot user problems at the desktop.
- Knowledge of PC hardware, software and networking issues.
- Independently resolves hardware break-fix issues, network connectivity and application related questions for third party products.
- Coordinates with the appropriate subject matter experts to obtain assistance to resolve concerns for proprietary applications of the client.
- Assist Project Managers in the end to end process for destination moves and hardware/software upgrades.
- Includes client interviews, technology evaluations and recommendations, developing integration requirements, application configuration/distribution, UAT, on site resource management, technical training and Day One support.
Job ID: 612193
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.