To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Spokane, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Lead Collection Specialist
Option Care • Spokane, WA
Posted 19 days ago
Your Home for an Exceptional Career.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
For nearly 40 years, Option Care has been shaping the home infusion services industry. From industry pioneers to trusted partners, Option Care has emerged as the leading home infusion services provider. Our company has grown over 5,000 strong—a workforce that spans the nation and is united by a common passion for making exceptional healthcare synonymous with home.
Job Description Summary:Acts as a lead, coordinating the work of Collections Specialists. Resolves more complex inquiries and/or complaints escalated by the Collections Specialists. Performs all duties of the Collections Specialist.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues; may direct the work of other staff members.
- May assist in training of new team members and may provide input to the employees’ performance evaluations.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert and works autonomously to handle more complex issues related to the collections, within established procedures and practices.
- Follows up on invoices submitted to ensure prompt and timely payment and escalates issues as necessary.
- Evaluates payments/denials received for correctness and ensures that they are applied appropriately.
- Identifies bad debt write-offs and A/R adjustments. Initiates write-off and adjustments in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensures that secondary bills and patient invoices are accurately generated and submitted on a timely basis.
- Identifies any overpayments and/or duplicate payments, and investigates and resolves. Processes refund requests, in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Regulatory / Payor Guidelines and policies & procedures.
Supervisory Responsibilities: i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of healthcare intake/admissions and/or reimbursement experience.
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests:
- Previous Infusion Reimbursement or Intake/Admissions experience.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.