To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Associate Electrical Engineer (Entry Level)
BAE Systems • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
BAE Systems is seeking an entry level Electrical Engineer to provide design, integration, test and maintenance support for Military Weapon Systems programs. The qualified candidate will join an engineering team specializing in cutting edge product development that supports complex naval and army systems.
The Associate Electrical Engineer develops, modifies and evaluates hardware devices, system architecture and subsystem interfaces. Designs, develops, analyzes, tests and integrates electrical equipment, facilities, components, products and systems. Conducts technical investigations involving the application of the principles of electronics in the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications and requirements. Under direct supervision, applies a basic understanding of engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, and techniques to perform design, development, analysis, experimentation, test, and/or product assurance tasks. Conducts technical studies of a limited scope and assists project leaders in a variety of tasks including development of product specifications, documents, and/or test procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Work as part of a cross functional team consisting of electrical, systems, mechanical, software & controls engineers
- Participate in analyzing customer needs and designing and developing electrical hardware to achieve the objectives
- Apply engineering development and troubleshooting techniques that are appropriate to the environment
- Circuit card design and evaluation
- Electronic control box design and packaging
- Power distribution development
- Firmware development
- Electronic system design
- Selection and integration of sensors, actuators, and motors
- Cable and interconnection designs
- Supporting integration and test of the systems at BAE facilities and Government test sites
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field of study from an accredited University.
- 0-2 years related work experience.
- A high level of analytical ability to solve basic technical design/development problems.
- Ability to apply basic engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a limited portion of a technical project to test or evaluate a specific property or characteristic of a product, or to support research and development projects.
- Experience operating electrical test and measurement tools, including such items as Digital Voltage Meters, Oscilloscopes, and Frequency Generators.
- Familiarity with FPGA integration into digital circuit card designs to ensure electrical integrity of FPGA design in embedded applications
- Experience operating electrical engineering tools, such as MATLAB, PSpice, Labview, Cadence (OrCAD), Mentor Graphics.
- Experience with DC Servo control systems, DSPs, and FPGAs.
- Basic computer programming skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills