WHO WE ARE
We are looking for dedicated technicians who are enthusiastic about preserving our planet through clean, renewable wind energy. As a Vestas technician, you’ll put your electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical experience to work, ensuring your safety, and the safety of your team.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A TECHNICIAN
In this advanced- level position, you’ll use your proficiency of skills, equipment knowledge, and primarily self-direction to perform work on assigned wind turbines with minimal to no supervision. You’ll modify procedures and plans, take appropriate action from general direction and will successfully develop / implement well thought out action plans. As a Tech III, you’ll provide technical direction and mentorship to lower level technicians.
During a typical day, you may be working 250 feet above the ground, or working in small spaces to perform maintenance and repairs. You’ll be outside, and sometimes the weather isn’t great. You’ll be climbing, carrying tools and equipment and moving parts to complete your work.
Teamwork is a priority here, and our reputation for professionalism, safety and attention to detail are important to our customers. We also encourage recommendations to improve the safety and quality of our work.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- You have a three year technical associate degree or equivalent and at least one year of technical wind experience
- You hold a valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain a passport
- You have the ability to climb stairs and ladders while carrying up to 50 lbs. in weight
- You have utilized complex power tools; hydraulic rams, inductive heaters, diagnostic tools; e.g. advance fluke meter functions, VOB data collection.
- You have the ability to demonstrate advanced working knowledge of all relevant industrial safety practices and protocols including situational energy isolation and risk mitigation
- You have basic computer operation skills, are familiar with internet based program navigation and have the ability to generate and interpret computer data
- You are able to effectively communicate with customers and collaborate with co-workers
- You have the ability to read, interpret, and understand drawings and schematics to develop procedures, validate work activity, and take appropriate action
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer an attractive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry, including:
- healthcare, dental and vision
- up to 120 hours of paid time off
- generous 401(k) plan
- tuition assistance
[ Link removed ]
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with +136 GW of wind turbines in 84 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and +117 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and tap into wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 29,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Attention To Detail