WHO WE ARE:
We are the world’s largest retailer of diamond jewelry and the world’s largest specialty jewelry retailer, with #1 market share in the U.S., UK and Canada. Signet operates approximately 3,200 stores globally, under the brand names Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples Jewellers, Piercing Pagoda and JamesAllen.com.
ALL ARE WELCOME HERE:
Signet is a people company – this means that we put our customers and our employees at the center of everything we do. Our culture celebrates diversity and inclusion, while uniting around a common mission and distinct privilege of helping our customers Celebrate Life and Express Love®. We strive to make sure that our 35,000 employees have professional, personal and social development opportunities to unleash their full potential and have equal opportunity for advancement, regardless of their gender, race, sexuality or any other aspect of their background. At Signet, we nurture an inclusive environment where employees feel safe, supported and empowered at work each day. We do not and will not tolerate any behavior that undermines this effort.
Responsible for work on the complete life cycle of the development of a project, providing technical expertise and direction in developing and supporting application software and for application development of new and existing applications/systems to ensure development conforms to performance optimization and interoperability standards and requirements. Individual must have strong experience with Oracle RMS and preferably some exposure to Oracle RPAS (MFP, Item Planning and Demand Forecasting). Requires PL/SQL and Oracle Forms experience. Individual will support daily tasks and project-related work for Oracle RMS, RPM, Allocations and RPAS. Nightly oncall support rotation is required.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Designs or modifies sophisticated application software programs such as third-party application packages, custom developed applications and graphical user interfaces.
- Designs, develops and tests complex application software, and modifies and maintains existing applications based on standards and procedures as well as utilities from software manufacturers.
- Analyzes business application requirements and develops specifications for database construction, data modeling, and normalization.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested programs or program changes are possible within the existing system.
- Evaluates effectiveness and develop new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Develops real-time applications for use in multi-platform environment.
- May develop applications using web technologies.
- Maintains and documents interface systems and resolves database performance problems as required.
- Develops appropriate program and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
- Provides reports on project development status to management on a regular and timely basis.
- Provides technical direction and training to lower level Application Developers.
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development and enhancement of existing systems and participates in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Years of Job-Related Experience Required: 3+ years IT related experience
Technical/Other Skills Required:
- General knowledge of development practices.
- Oracle Retail application experience is a must – RMS, RPM, Allocations
- Listening, verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical information into understandable terms to a variety of audiences.
- Responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth, and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills; able to recognize and address areas needing improvement.
- Motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort to work needing attention.
- Attentive to detail with focus on accurate and timely results.
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to competing needs.
- Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.
Additional skills required:
Additional skills preferred:
- Oracle RPAS
- Informatica PowerCenter
- Unix scripting
- Problem solving and research skills
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Competitive healthcare, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching after one year of employment
- Generous PTO + company holidays
- Diversity programs
- Paid subscription to PlateJoy
- Much more!
Systems Development Life Cycle