To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- York, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Engineering - Automation
Red Lion Controls, Inc. • York, PA
Posted 2 days ago
Red Lion Controls has an opportunity for a Director of Engineering to join our leadership team as a vital component to successfully achieving our aggressive business goals. The Director of Engineering - Automation will lead a talented group of engineers across hardware and software disciplines to develop and design customer-focused automation solutions. Red Lion, known for its strong engineering and excellent product quality, has an opportunity to capture significant share gains within the exciting Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Offering several attractive elements, including a knowledgeable, dedicated and talented engineering base, a well-regarded proprietary operating system, recently launched new product lines, exciting new technology, and international markets ripe for growth, Red Lion is well-positioned to offer a successful leader significant career and personal growth.
Red Lion’s business covers three distinct product brand lines stemming from M&A activity over the past decade. A significant and critical opportunity exists for the new automation engineering leader to lead this group of talented engineers to design, test, create and build the next generation of automation products.
The Director of Engineering - Automation will be responsible for helping define and update the long-term technology roadmap of the company, shaping the development teams including organization structure, role / level definitions, and career development of automation engineering employees. The Director of Engineering – Automation will collaborate with marketing to lead and drive the engineering and product teams to define, design, and scale up the cost effective manufacturing for the next generation product platforms. This position reports to the Vice President of Engineering and is a member of the engineering leadership team.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the development of the global and regional standard software and hardware architecture(s) for all automation products and work with multiple teams for coordinated implementation.
- Monitor and evaluate external technology trends that could impact the company. Conducts research and case studies on leading edge automation technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Drive the right technology choices for automation and present the technology roadmap for both immediate and long-term growth.
- In collaboration with Marketing, challenge the status quo and question what is possible regarding new technologies and product capabilities.
- Communicates the needs of customers and end – users to development teams and ensures the needs are understood by everyone.
- Takes the business problem and derives to a technology solution that may encompass one or more products and services. Ensures it aligns with the business objectives and fits into the technology roadmap of the organization.
- Document and communicate the requirements for software and hardware automation architectures.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the engineering team.
- Goal Setting
- Periodic Reviews
- Plans for individual employee personal development/improvement
- Ability to interact and collaborate with all Red Lion Controls departments to achieve company architectural goals. Endorse, support and model the Company’s core values of:
- BS / MS in Computer Science or Engineering with an emphasis on software.
- 15+ year’s software development experience.
- 10+ years’ experience managing engineering teams.
- Extensive background in embedded software architecture.
- Experience with best in class software development project management tools and methods to include New Product Implementation/Development and Stage Gate Process.
- Proven success leading Agile development methodologies while establishing and maintaining pragmatic engineering best practices e.g. code reviews, testing, and continuous delivery.
- Experience and comfort in implementing and driving a stage-gate product evaluation process to keep the organization focused on likely marketable products
- Proven success building project plans, timelines, milestones and overall product / technology development process.
- Experience with establishing metrics to measure engineering team effectiveness (e.g., work completed per sprint, issue burn-down rate etc.) and system stability.
- Strong influence management and leadership skills. Ability to work well with other teams.
- Ability to create and deliver clear and persuasive presentations.
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skill to effectively interface with all levels of Company management and staff, customers and outside business contacts.
- Proficiency with English language both written and verbal communication.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Linux operating system experience.
- General hardware engineering background.
- Global experience with different products and software systems.
- Exposure to Jira software development, Confluence team collaboration software
- Will lead the automation engineering function and will have several direct reports
- Domestic and International as needed to fulfill business objectives.
Red Lion Controls is committed to recruiting and selecting candidates based on their qualifications. We are a proud EEO employer and will hire, train and promote individuals regardless of age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable laws.