To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- The Mid-America Club
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Executive Sous Chef
The Mid-America Club • Chicago, IL
Posted 14 days ago
Executive Sous Chef
The Sous Chef is responsible for supporting the Executive Chef in overseeing the day-to-day culinary operations at the Club. They supervise the training and development of the kitchen staff to ensure the highest quality of food service for Club members and their guests.
- Oversee recipe standardization
- Ensure plate presentation is correct and consistent
- Maintain inventory levels and assist Executive Chef with food and labor costs
- Maintain a well-organized kitchen in a clean and safe manner
- Culinary school graduate
- Two years experience in supervisory position
- Understanding of a la carte and banquet revenue generation
- General knowledge of expense control as it relates to kitchen payroll and the forecasting/budgeting of expenses
- Technical literacy, including Microsoft Office, payroll management and point of sale systems
- Bilingual (English - Spanish) communication ability preferred.
(Internal Candidates should be working towards Chef STAR certification and be ServeSafe certified.)
Two years experience in supervisory position
Understanding of a la carte and banquet revenue generation
General knowledge of expense control as it relates to kitchen payroll and the forecasting/budgeting of expenses
Technical literacy, including Microsoft Office, payroll management and point of sale systems
Bilingual (English - Spanish) communication ability preferred.