0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
- Supports the Lead Process Engineer and Production Engineer to ensure an effective Process Engineering service is consistently provided to the Operations Department in order to achieve daily excellence in the areas of plant operation, reliability, safety, productivity, and efficiency.
- Identifies, evaluates, and executes continuous improvement opportunities to drive down unit cost of production, improve production capability and/or minimize overall risk of harm to people and the environment.
- Participates in hazard/risk reviews required for all plant modifications. Able to act as a leader at review meetings for projects in line with experience.
- Provides process design for improvement projects at the Geismar site and supports process design needs for other sites as needed.
- Performs duties of the Lead Process engineer in his absence.
- Provides project support by taking a lead role in Engineering during the design, construction, and start-up phases of the project. Including reviewing data sheets, design details, PID's, PFD's, and providing recommendations on equipment and material selections. During the commissioning and start up phases provides detailed guidance to Operations staff, assists with the writing of Operating and Technical manuals and complex loop development.
- Develops and verifies QAQC documentation for the punch list and turnover packages.
- Acts as mentor to the less experienced engineers in the department.
- Ensures compliance with the requirements of PSM to minimize overall risk of harm to people, the environment, or loss prevention.
- Participates in the auditing process with Senior Engineers.
- Improves the safety in design performance of the site through application of learnings from incidents at other sites.
- Plays a key role in the Management of Change process, acting as PCR lead on plant changes being managed by the Department. Ensures that all requirements of the change management process are met.
- Supports the culture and initiatives of reliability within the Technical team and provide necessary support to Maintenance Reliability focus.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Experience in Process / Utilities Engineering encompassing aspects such as troubleshooting, monitoring, conceptual design and equipment sizing and selection.
- Preferably Experience working with hydrocarbon or chemical processing.
- Well versed in working with process engineering software packages such as HYSYS.
- Competent user of standard computing packages (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Familiarity with API, ASME and ANSI standards.
- Business Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Conceptual Design
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: BBBH99278
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.