COME BRANCH OUT WITH DOLLAR TREE!
Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on the distribution center’s industrial machinery, equipment, grounds and structures and assists skilled maintenance personnel with repairs in a safe and professional manner. Also, supports operations the Battery room and Sweeper scrubber duties.Essential Job Functions:
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Follows set safety procedures and guidelines to maximize personal safety and safety of the DC associates.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g., lift trucks, pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to procedures.
- Perform electrical and mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on complex material handling systems.
- Perform maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair of facility systems including fire control systems, alarm systems, 2 way radio systems, and dock door systems.
- Troubleshoot basic problems with equipment where the repair is visible or obvious.
- Assist other maintenance technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains an organized work area and promotes a safe working environment with the Maintenance department.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures.
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent, trade school preferred
- 1 year of experience repairing/maintaining mechanical or electrical equipment in an industrial or non-industrial setting OR two years related vocational training
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tools operation
- Ability to understand maintenance manuals and electrical equipment blueprints
- Preferred experience with 3-phase 480-volt industrial electrical systems and motor controls Experience
- Team Member will perform shift work and must be willing to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Customer service oriented
- Alarm Devices
- Customer Service
- Electrical Installation Work
- Forklift Truck