To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Intern Architectural Engineering- Summer 2019
CH2M & Jacobs • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 1 month ago
Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facilitys entire life cycle
Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in their specific area of study. Interns will work alongside world-class professionals in a fast-paced, professional setting which provides interns invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment.
- Perform routine aspects of engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles under close supervision.
- May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Collects and prepares data for evaluation.
- Assisting in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations.
- Providing support to engineering staff members as needed.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in at least their junior year within a Civil Engineering, Structural, or Architectural curriculum is required.
- At least a 3.0 GPA is required
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel is required
- Previous design intern experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microstation is preferred
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>