Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is seeking a Senior Environmental Program Manager
to join our team at our Irvine, California
office. Working with the Environmental Contamination, Assessment and Remediation group, this role has ongoing responsibility for developing and implementing the CAR business in California in accordance with GHD North America and Region Business Plans.
What you will bring to the team:
- Collaborate with Region Environment Market Lead and Business Group Leader to grow the CAR business in the Region
- Develop and execute business strategies and initiatives to expand environmental services to new clients
- Identify market competitors with intelligence gathering and provide thorough and comprehensive strengths/weaknesses analyses
- Identify and develop strategies to capture new business with major clients and includes business development, strategic initiatives, and sales development
- Maintain a high profile externally and through membership/attendance in industry organizations, continually increasing contact base
- Lead proposal development and contract negotiation to win targeted pursuits
- Manage technical projects: maintaining client satisfaction while ensuring projects are delivered safely and within scope, schedule, and budget
- Achieve goals identified for business development by working in coordination with Operations to successfully develop and win work
- Perform data entry into CRM database for lead tracking and opportunity information
- Formulate and present proactive, strategic approaches to the proposal development process, which leverage the company's capabilities and value proposition
- Build, grow and maintain an active list of large and/or strategic new prospects that will ensure the continuous growth of clients
- Establish and develop strategic long-term relationships with current clients, new clients and prospective teaming partners
- Proven experience in establishing and building relationships within all levels of client management
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with experience working effectively in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated exceptional communication, presentation, follow-up, negotiation, and closing skills
- Solid organizational skills with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities at a time
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Highly effective verbal and written communication plus senior level presentation and negotiation skills
- Self-sufficient in current office applications (eg MS Office)
- 20+ years of experience in the environmental market with a strong record of developing and executing projects within the industry.
- Bachelors degree in a science-related field
- A Masters degree in a science-related field or MBA is desirable.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.