You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Director of Human Resources
Fotografiska, the photography museum, is the Home of Contemporary Culture. Founded in Stockholm, in late 2019 the Museum opened a treasured, historic landmark building in NYC's Flatiron District. The iconic Stockholm and NYC locations are complemented by expansion in Tallinn, and a forthcoming Berlin Museum set to open in 2023. Fotografiska's goals are simple: to build a more conscious world through the power of photography, to bring people together, raise awareness and inspire new perspectives.
Fotografiska | New York
Located at 281 Park Avenue South, the six-floor, 45,000 sq ft. historic landmark is home to an unexpected mix of world-class art, vibrant cultural programming, and exceptional dining experiences including Veronika and Chapel Bar. Our New York location has featured work from Ellen von Unwerth, Tawny Chatmon, Helene Schmitz, Adi Nes, and Anastasia Taylor-Lind in partnership with TIME Magazine, Andres Serrano, Pixie Lao, Adrienne Raquel, and others.
The Director of Human Resources leads day-to-day HR initiatives for Fotografiska NY, Veronika, and Chapel Bar. The role reports directly to the Executive Director with a dotted to the Stockholm based President + Chief Financial Officer.
Ongoing focuses are employee relations for a dynamic hospitality team managing multiple venues, recruiting for property-level talent across departments, delivering a premier onboarding and orientation experience to new hires, managing the influx of employee questions , and creating a supportive + kind employee relations culture.
- 6 - 8+ years in a generalist human resource and/or people + culture role; ideally building discipline, process, and relationships in those areas
- Fotografiska is open to a variety of educational backgrounds and training in support of the HR role
- Prior experience or exposure running HR in hospitality, food + beverage, retail or like industries with a substantial non-exempt employee population focused in operational roles will be useful
- HR certifications are a plus, including but not limited to PHR, SHRM-CP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, etc.
- Experience working with international peers will be helpful as other leaders in the People + Culture team are based in Stockholm and Berlin, but a fluency in New York state and US labor law is required for consideration in the role
- Established and confident skillset managing and optimizing an HR function including employee relations culture shaping, talent management, talent acquisition + development, organization design, employee engagement + coaching, change management, compensation, benefits, payroll, time + attendance, benefits, workers compensation, labor law, HRIS etc.
- The Director of HR must be familiar and equipped to handle internal HR audit initiatives to ensure compliance, along with coaching and educating managers at all levels on how to manage effectively, remain in compliance and build the culture within the NY location
- The role will also be a key player in any internal HR/P&C investigations and must have impeccable record keeping/documentation
- Monitors and ensures the organization's compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; reviews with regional P&C team and helps support/modify policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Understanding of the legal attachments to HR, for example: employment laws and statutes pertaining to equal opportunity employment, ADA, FMLA, EEOC, Wage and Hour, WARN, Employment Agreements, etc.
- Be available regularly onsite to support employee questions pertaining to time and attendance, paychecks, vacation, etc
- Lead as a subject matter expert and be equipped to coach others on our HR systems and platforms which currently include PayCom, Workable (ATS), LinkedIn Recruiter, and a few other key tools
- The willingness to dedicate time each day to maintaining excellent HR records and administration - there are no immediate direct reports for the role, so administration is a core responsibility
- Partner closely with key leaders to advise and coach them on creating, implementing, and driving a talent agenda and strategy for the organization: talent attraction, retention, development, workforce and succession planning, etc.
- Capable of supporting full-cycle recruitment for a variety of roles; the Director should expect to be involved in all hires into the FGNY team
- Capable of assessing full-cycle recruitment process using both data and anecdotal to identify and make ongoing improvements for both candidates and hiring teams
- Research, suggest and assist in delivering strategies for employment branding, industry and campus programs, talent insights, employee referrals, internship programs, etc.
- Excellent judgment in difficult situations, the ability to remain neutral and provide guidance to employees at all levels of the business, discretion in managing confidential and sensitive information + data
- Working with multiple teams (Exhibitions, Retail, Member Experience, Membership Development, F+B, Facilities + Operations, Events and Event Production, Private Events Sales, etc.), the Director must be skilled at executing clear HR strategy + initiatives, process and project management, and dealing gracefully with ambiguity and rapid change
- Use data and anecdotal insights to build a values-driven culture; help to action these insights by implementing refined HR process and procedure
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement new projects and programs, work independently in ambiguous and uncertain environments, build relationships and serve as a trusted advocate by leaders, employees, and the business
- Be prepared to discuss ongoing performance, special projects, and to address any other issues/topics that may be brought up by the team at Fotografiska
- Bi-lingual English/ Spanish is a plus.
The anticipated annual salary for this position is $110,000-$130,000 per year. Fotografiska is committed to equitable and competitive compensation and benefits packages for our team members and will consider many factors when extending offers of employment. Some of the factors we consider may include: qualifications of individual applicants against the position and business needs, years of relevant experience in role or industry, specific or unique skills, certifications or professional accreditations specific to the role, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will perform the role. The anticipated range for compensation shared here does not include any other components or benefits that may available.
COVID19: The health and well-being of our members and staff has been our number one priority and the guiding force behind all our decisions as we open our doors. We encourage you to learn more about our commitment to safety by reading the steps we have taken to ensure that all Members and teams feel safe, comfortable, and secure, going forward on our website.
Diversity & Representation: Fotografiska is committed to building and supporting inclusive and representative communities, long-term career opportunities and extends Equal Employment Opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
- Change Management
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: LI06-10440_3499030566
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.