Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne Imaging Sensors is looking for a Thin Film Optics Process Engineer to develop, improve, and maintain optical thin processes to support our products.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and optimize optical thin film deposition processes to meet requirements. This includes but is not limited: identifying evaporation or sputtering conditions, calibrating thickness controllers (quartz crystals for example), developing/identifying appropriate optical monitoring strategies, familiarity with most optical coating materials and their domain of application, identifying and/or executing maintenance schedules for reliable equipment operation, training technicians, developing new optical coatings, implementing process control methodologies, technique, or equipment, tracking process performance using SPC and correcting escapes.
- Responsible for process availability (minimum down time), process performance, and promoting and implementing sound data-based process improvements.
- Drive the introduction of new products into production from process development to full production and profitability
- Lead the investigation and resolution of thin film optics production issues.
- Assume a leadership role in the implementation and execution of process control functions such as SPC and FMEA
- Manage the development and maintenance of manufacturing documentation
- Provide technical support and training to product line technicians
- Process documentation and technical reports as appropriate
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in all of the following areas is required: optical thin film deposition, optical monitoring, high vacuum technology, optical measurements, process controls and monitoring
- Understanding of optical thin film design
- Hands on experience in manufacturing operations and an understanding of manufacturing documentation and quality practices is required
- Familiar with typical optical testing such as spectrophotometry, stress measurements, environmental testing, and laser damage.
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment and to interact with process line technicians and design engineers is essential
- Experience in SPC and six sigma techniques is highly desirable
- Computer proficiency level using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to work weekends and evenings when needed for workload.
Desired Qualification, Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering or Science with 9+ yrs relevant experience.
- M.S. Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year
Due to classified work at the facility and related access restrictions, successful applicants must maintain U.S. Citizenship to allow the person to hold a U.S. Government security clearance.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. ? If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email Email blocked - click to apply
or call Phone number blocked - click to apply
. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Resolve Technical Issue
Provide Technical Guidance
Engineering Design Process