To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gaithersburg, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Associate Scientist, Cell Culture Process Development
MSC LLC • Gaithersburg, MD
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!Duties & Responsibilities
Medical Science & Computing is searching for an Associate Scientist Cell Culture Process Development to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is full-time with MSC and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- The general scope of activities for this position will be to contribute to the Cell Culture Process Development group. These activities will include experimental investigations on cell line behavior, optimization of cell culture conditions, operations of various bioreactors, tech-transfer of defined cell culture processes to the clinical production facility, improvement of cell culture platforms, modeling of cell culture behavior, troubleshooting of cell culture processes, and cell culture technology development.
- Perform experiments in the area of cell culture process development under minimal supervision, capturing and communicating the results in several formats, and working with technology transfer teams to move the developed processes into a clinical production facility.
- Independently set-up and operate bioreactors and other cell culture equipment required for development studies.
- Participate in project and laboratory meetings, keep current with compliance obligations, and be responsible for maintenance of the laboratory and equipment.
- Contribute results and studies for publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Follow directives for development aimed at advancing selected projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, Biology or related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience with bioreactor operations and cell culture sterile techniques, required.
- Experience in writing and reviewing Batch Production Records, SOPs, and other process documents is highly beneficial as is mathematical modelling of cell culture processes.
- Experience with typical cell culture processing including cell thaw, expansion, production, and harvest.
- Experience in stirred tank bioreactor operations, process development, and other chemical industry basics will be helpful in grasping cell culture development operations.
- General knowledge of downstream processing techniques and analytical tools for product characterization is highly beneficial
- Familiarity with statistical design packages (JMP, minitab, etc.) is recommended, as is familiarity with programming languages (JAVA, Matlab, etc.), the use of analytical tools, and the following of protocols to acquire reproducible data.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to clearly present results in group meetings and in technical reports.
- Experience with good laboratory practice and record keeping.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.