Company is seeking an experienced Vice President of Business Development to work alongside our Accounts and Leadership teams to grow our business. This role will help create and steward Company’s inbound and outbound business development strategy and roadmap through to execution. The VP of Business Development will lead key account relationships from inception to close, serving as a true client partner helping match our services with the needs of our prospects. This role will have final oversight over sales and marketing materials such as proposals, pitch decks, marketing materials and other sales collateral.
The ideal candidate has experience managing complex accounts, deep knowledge of the agency landscape and a point of view on how to grow our business through inbound and outbound efforts. S/He is a strong writer, enjoys a fast-paced environment, is comfortable working with prospects and developing leads, has good organizational skills and can adjust work schedules according to demands. S/He enjoys meeting new prospects, finding opportunities and evangelizing our agency to the marketplace.
As VP of Business Development at Company, you will:
- Lead the sales/BD department and team members within the department
- Set the inbound and outbound sales strategy to hit quarterly company OKR’s
- Develop a thorough understanding of Company’s business, including web development, media buying, creative services, and social media and where it fits into the competitive landscape
- Identify new business contacts and opportunities and bring a rolodex of past client relationships
- Lead the end-to-end pitch process, including assessing initial opportunities, collaborating with key internal stakeholders on pitch deliverables, interfacing with prospective clients, and creating written RFP responses.
- Understand client business goals and strategic imperatives and help the pitch team develop strategic deliverables including written and creative assignments that represent the prospect’s needs.
- Maintain and track new business pipeline relationships with intermediaries and prospective agencies
- Possess strong presentation, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and presentations
- Manage the creation of proposals and RFPs
- Manage the creation and maintenance of a prospects database
- Serve as the highest order agency client contact for new prospects
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, or related field
- Excellent relationships and relationship building
- Exceptional written communication and presentation skills
- A history of working with clients and building strong client relationships
- A history of finding and creating new business opportunities
- 7-10 years of experience in business development or related sales function
- Strong project management skills; the flexibility to adjust work schedule according to workload demands; ability to deal with multi-faceted marketing proposals and manage multiple concurrent projects; establish and manage deadlines and prioritize appropriately
- Confident networker and skilled at developing/maintaining relationships with outside business leaders, contacts and referral sources.
Minimal; there may be some travel for regional pitches.