Lab I Asst- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - M - F 2 PM - 10:30 PM evening shift
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
- Perform the daily activities as described below. Basic Purpose: Perform various routine laboratory functions in a precise and accurate fashion to assist the laboratory professional staff and to facilitate production.
- Sorting, and receiving specimens in the department.
- Performs routine instrument maintenance on some equipment.
- Performs laboratory tasks of centrifuging specimens, printing extra labels, recording data (temperature charts) specimen storage and retrieval.
- Preparing reagents and or media in the department.
- Preparing specimens at workstations for testing. (Including building worklists, aliquoting specimens into sample cups, checking specimens for clots and fibrin, inoculation, slide preparation)
- Performs QA/QC duties as assigned.
- Resolves pending lists.
- Finds missing samples.
- Decontaminates work areas.
- Performs weekly radioactive wipe tests.
- Maintains files for department records.
- Changes gas cylinders.
- Follows all PPE requirements and all safety regulations.
- Uses the laboratory computer system as well as operates PCs.
- Disposes of biohazardous material.
- Completes training and competency checklists as appropriate.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of the work performed by this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Medical assistant training helpful. Math and science courses preferred.
Work Experience: None required
- Must have the ability to establish work priorities and to handle several tasks for maximum workstation efficiency.
- Must be able to retain information once learned.
- Must interact with other coworkers, internal and external customers with courtesy and respect.
Key Word Search: laboratory, medical
Product Quality Assurance
Hardworking And Dedicated