Are you looking for a rewarding position with an employer of choice? If you have a background or interest in manufacturing and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment let us know by applying today!
Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Electrical Project Engineer at the Penbryn, NJ plant.
The Electrical Project Engineer has responsibility for managing maintenance and engineering projects, including design help, obtaining contractor quotations, directing contractor crews, and training of operating, maintenance personnel for equipment, buildings, and grounds. Assist in restoring equipment and systems to service after failures and shutdowns and provide coverage for Maintenance Supervisor. This person is a key resource for the maintenance team
The Penbryn plant produces fiber glass building insulation products and will be adding 150+ people in production, maintenance, shipping and technical positions.
The plant is ideally situated in South Jersey, close to Philadelphia, and offers full-time employment with competitive pay and benefits.
At Johns Manville we are committed to delivering positive and powerful experiences, because we are successful only when our employees and customers thrive! We are passionate, we care about people, we perform, and we protect others and our environments. If these values align with your values too; you will find a position at Johns Manville to be one where you can grow, learn and thrive!
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
* Responsible for development of project scope, engineering specifications and cost estimates for all projects as assigned. Be the JM representative for all projects as assigned.
* Manage projects, including design, engineering, estimating, scheduling, obtaining contractor quotes, directing crews, and training operating and maintenance personnel.
* Identify, engage and mange contractors during the construction and installation of plant projects
* Actively work with Process Engineers to solve process / equipment issues.
* Make minor changes to drawings using AutoCAD. Direct major changes through contractor / engineering designer.
* Other projects to include combustion systems, glass melting, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, piping, HVAC, abatement systems, and other mechanical components.
* Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
* BS in Electrical Engineering
* Minimum 7 years of plant engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Continuous manufacturing preferred
* Proven history of continual improvement accomplishments.
* Experience with analytical, engineering design calculation and problem solving skills
* Solid knowledge of engineering drawings and process schematics
* Must have a high level organizational and time management skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks
* Experience with AutoCAD
* Experience in managing outside contractors
* Commissioning experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled