Optum’s Health Care Cloud engineering team develops services, controls, and reusable patterns that enable Optum product teams to deliver value safely, quickly, and sustainably in the public cloud. This critical work ultimately helps people live healthier lives and makes the health system work better for everyone.
In this position, you will work with a growing team to create business value while collaborating with product owners in an iterative Agile process. Your work will be leveraged by thousands of Optum and UnitedHealth Group engineers in their journey towards public cloud maturity.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop services, controls, and patterns for public cloud that enable security and privacy at scale
- Help define technical solutions to meet business needs through Agile process
- Foster high-performance, collaborative technical work resulting in high-quality output
- Gather and analyze data to aide in informed decision-making while providing detailed, realistic estimates
- Interact skillfully with business stakeholders and third-party technical organizations
- Proactively automate infrastructure and services to enable a small team to deliver value to a global enterprise
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- Experience building and deploying applications to the cloud (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, etc.) using Infrastructure as Code tools, such as Terraform
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Expertise with modern programming languages, systems, and architectures
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science
- Experience with Golang, Python, Ruby, or similar languages
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Expertise in performance and scalability optimization
- Knowledge of software and infrastructure security practices
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, work from home, work at home, remote, Senior Cloud Engineer, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota