To assist with the day-to-day store operation and sales performance to meet or exceed budget while in compliance with company standards, policies and procedures. To operate the store in the absence of the store manager.
1. To ensure all new hires are properly oriented, using the appropriate manual, within the first week of employment. To document that training occurred.
2. To assist the store manager in controlling the expense to revenue ratio monthly and annually.
3. To train sales associates and court-appointed community service workers, as assigned by the store manager.
4. To supervise, discipline and recommend discharge of sales associates.
5. To supervise and motivate store employees to reach production guidelines, (minimum 125 garments per hour with a minimum quality standard of 80%), and to be capable of producing as well.
6. To monitor and assist in the receiving, pricing and displaying of store merchandise.
7. To record and balance cash register receipts, make bank deposits and record store transactions.
8. To prepare personnel and payroll records in a timely manner. To complete accurately other paperwork required in the day-to-day operation of the store.
9. To use cash register to total sales, accept payment, authorize voids, returns, exchanges and credits for merchandise.
10. To ensure proper rotation of store merchandise.
11. To act as a positive role model for employees and trainees in all aspects of professional performance.
12. To stock adequately. To create a positive public image of Goodwill through a clean store environment, attractive displays and presentable, personable personnel.
13. To maintain safe and appropriate conditions in the shopping and back room areas.
14. To keep the store clean and hazard free by vacuuming, mopping and dusting, (including cleaning the bathrooms.)
15. To observe personnel and safety policies and procedures. To ensure compliance by store employees.
16. To ensure the hourly floor check and monthly safety self-inspections are conducted.
17. To attend, as scheduled.
Skills and Abilities:
1. To assist the store manager in achieving/exceeding sales goals both monthly and annually and to assist in implementing a contingency plan if goals are not being met.
2. Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
3. Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
4. Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and among, store personnel while motivating them to their best performance.
5. Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
6. Must be able to work a flexible schedule on short notice, including nights and weekends, and occasionally, long hours.
7. Must have access to transportation for personal use during work time. Must be able to pass MVR check and provide proof of a valid drivers license, liability insurance, vehicle registration and a current vehicle inspection sticker.
8. Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 25 #s frequently and 50 #s occasionally.
9. Must be able to use repetitive hand movement when buttoning, sorting, hanging and zipping garments.
10. Must be able to engage in prolonged standing, walking and in frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
11. Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
12. Must accept a transfer when the commute to the new location is within 20 miles of the original commute.
13. Must have knowledge of mens, womens, and childrens clothing as well as furniture and household items.
- High School diploma or GED and one year supervisory experience or a minimum two years in the service industry.
- Must maintain minimum liability automobile insurance as required by the State of Louisiana and be insurable through the Companys insurance carrier.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain current registration and state inspection on personal vehicle.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Medical Emergency