Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking Registered Nurses to provide services at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD. This is a long term contract opportunity with high likelihood of federal staff transition.
Available units are as follows:
• Wound Care
• Critical Care Unit / ICU
• Operating Room
Benefits to federal contracting:
• Excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal employment
• Rewarding experience in public service for your country
• Easy travel: federal Property allows you to work on any active, unrestricted state license
Maxim Employee Benefits Include:
• Paid Federal Holidays, Paid Time Off
• Health Benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield
• 401K Savings Plan
• Perkspot Employee Discount Program
• Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program Specialists and Counselors available 24/7
• Maxim College Partnership Program
• Direct Deposit
• Travel and Relocation Assistance, as applicable
1 Full time RN for ICU
• Day/Night rotation 8 and 12 hrs shifts for 40 hrs per week
• Requires 2-3 years of Critical Care experience
• ACLS preferred but no required
• RN License.
• Minimum of two years experience as a clinical nurse in a similar unit, medical/surgical, or critical care
• Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, disease process and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience to acutely ill pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
• Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patients condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
• Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
• The duties required by the Medical/Surgical unit nurse positions are as follows, but not limited to:
• Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
• Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness
• Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
• Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
• Excellent patient assessment skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues
• Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
• Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and react quickly in emergency situations.
• Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
• Performs a full range of nursing procedures such as: dressing changes, catherization, wound irrigation, intravenous fluid administration, blood transfusion, oxygen administration, vital signs, specimen collection and other unit specific procedures as prescribed by the provider.
• Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
• Participates in the orientation, training, and evaluation of duty performance of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
• Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
• Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
• Other additional duties as assigned.
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Courtney Rogers at Phone number blocked - click to apply
or email your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
Maxim Government Services (MGS), a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc., is a leading provider of physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, and specialty care personnel to Federal, State and Local Government clients nationwide. Operating under Federal Supply Schedule #V797D-30238, MGS delivers healthcare staffing services to the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers and other Federal Medical Treatment Facilities (MTFs). We have gained the trust of our clients and established recognition by placing emphasis on recruiting experienced professionals and offering a comprehensive level of customer service.
Intensive Care Unit
Medical Surgical Nursing