CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping & logistics group.
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers' expectations.
Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world's 521 commercial ports and operates on more then 200 shipping lines. The group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including nearly 2,400 in Marseille, in its headquarters in Marseilles.
Ensure the vessels depart the US optimized with a minimum of 100% of TEU space utilized by loading the maximum of full & empty containers through coordination with the Equipment Dept. Monitor and enforce short leg & long leg allocations for all partners on CMA vessels and for CMA on partner vessels. Forecast daily by port of load the volumes (in TEU & MT) expected to show by the port cut. Accept or decline new booking requests so that the various allocations & ROB guidelines are respected, and the best cargo mix is loaded on board in terms of customers, commodities, revenue, and tonnage. Support the Cargo Flow department in various capacities such as training and development of other Cargo Flow Analysts, ad-hoc reporting, coordinating implementation of new tools & reporting, identifying opportunities for improvement or automation.
- Monitor and analyze CMA CGM booking levels in all US ports while considering all aspects of the vessel allocation (short leg, long leg, remain on board)
- For CMA CGM operating vessels, monitor partner forecasts and their loading lists to determine if long & short leg allocations & ROB guidelines are being respected by all partners loading.
- Coordination of empty planning with the Equipment Department to optimize all vessels by planning the maximum of full & empty containers to achieve 100% TEU allocation used.
- Proper control of CMA CGM operating vessels in order to utilize any unused partner space.
- Calculate & Report the loading forecast for every US port based on customer & line knowledge, statistical analysis and cargo readiness information.
- Support Sales, Export Bookings and Export CS by responding to their queries regarding space approvals and questions about MIRA/LARA routing solutions, transit times, and vessel schedules.
- Maintain RF Finder system through coordination with Trade which defines MIRA routing solutions.
- Efficiently manage overbooked situations. Proactively provide clear breakdown of situation to Trade Manager and make suggestions to roll cargo far enough in advance.
- Communicate with HO Ops Planner and provide full vessel simulations to ensure potential load lists do not compromise vessel stability.
- Reporting duties. Review departure baplie files from the terminal after vessels leave each loading port and report the final loading figures on the forecast.
- Miscellaneous related duties or Projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma required.
- 1-3 years’ work experience required.
- Knowledge of world geography
- Basic skills in Microsoft Outlook
- Advance working knowledge in Excel required, with experience in Formatting, Pivot Tables, Formulas, Filters and Sorting
- Excellent analytical skills to assess situation, anticipate issues, identify trends and resolve problems
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to work under pressure meeting multiple deadlines throughout every day
- Ability to apply good logic and reasoning when problem solving and making decisions
- Good writing and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- The will to take ownership in your services and monitor every aspect of them
- Must be available to work 8:30am-5:30pm, Monday thru Friday
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2 years Shipping Industry experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the shipping industry
- Knowledge of the various service options available worldwide to CMA
- Knowledge of the various kinds of allocations and how to calculate
- An understanding of the export booking trends by customer/commodity on a service, port of load, and trade lane level
- Microsoft Access experience preferred.
Come along on CMA CGM’s adventure !
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.
Attention To Detail
Complex Problem Solving