Controls Vehicle Engineer
LOCATION: Avon / Ohio (US-OH), United States | BRAND: Bendix | REQUISITION ID: 1361 | JOB GRADE: 16
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
Controls Vehicle Engineer
This position is responsible for design, development, application, testing, and release of next generation Driver Assistance products and features for commercial vehicles.
- Support DAS team(s) in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Assignments will include control system design, product and feature design, requirements definition, cross-product communication interfaces, product testing, and release.
- Heavy emphasis will be on vehicle testing, data acquisition, data analysis, and defect investigation to validate driver assistance features at the system level.
- Understanding and refining requirements for new driver assistance product opportunities.
- Model-based development of control systems, including bench prototyping and testing all the way to code generation and embedded software for final product validation.
- Develop and execute iterative technical plans (analysis, simulation, vehicle test) to validate system release and product applications.
- Application of next-generation components, functions, and systems.
- Author technical documentation for driver assistance products, including: test reports and customer-facing specifications for installation, calibration, and service of these systems.
- Software / Hardware in the loop testing.
- Benchmark competitive systems.
- Interface with customers, software developers, systems engineers and management to communicate status of projects.
- Willing to travel (test track, customer locations, winter test) as required up to 25%.
- In-depth knowledge of air brake systems is a plus.
- Broad automotive and electronic systems knowledge, preferably related to heavy truck.
- Knowledge of vehicle communication protocols including J1939, and CCP/XCP.
- Technical knowledge of Driver Assistance system components and impact on overall vehicle performance.
- Experience with Formula SAE or Baja SAE is very helpful.
- Familiar with Vector tools (CANalyzer, CANape, and CANoe) will be helpful.
- Experience with, Simulink, dSpace, Python, and TruckSim is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge and experience with product quality tools such as system FMEA, DVP&R, ISO 26262, ASPICE, and Functional Safety Concepts.
- Desired 1+ years of experience preferably in driver assistance, vehicle dynamics, or vehicles controls engineering.
- Hands-on mechanical, electrical, automotive experience required.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team in a dynamic working environment including international team members.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) or willingness & capability to obtain CDL within a year of employment.
- Ability to assimilate data quickly.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and a proactive work ethic.
- Capable of prioritizing time/resources/goals and possess strong interpersonal skills to ensure success in a cross-functional, team environment.
- Formulates new processes and strategic thinking to enhance business unit performance.
- Supports teams in planning and decision making.
- Strong customer orientation to enhance business relationships and growth.
- Capable of performing in a highly stressful environment.
- Influential and motivational, provides direction, removes barriers.
- Leads with sense of urgency.
- Desire to learn new tools and develop a cross-functional skill set.
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Systems Engineering required.
Up to 25% required
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Telework policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
- Automotive Industry
- Ca Nalyzer
- Ca Nape
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Code Generation