Senior RAN Commissioning
12 Month contract, with the possibility for extension
• Provide solutions for the team.
• Responsible for Commissioning RAN equipment (BTS, BSC and OAM equipment).
• Work and assist other Engineering teams with onsite and remote commissioning of CDMA/LTE RAN equipment.
• Provide guidance customers on integrating, commissioning, and provided onsite support during network cut over for new markets.
• Work on an on-call, 24/7 basis.
• Support Field and RF Engineers with parameters changes, clearing alarms, etc.
• Managing teams with focus on policy and strategy implementation and control rather than development; short-term operational/tactical responsibilities.
• Typically accountable for providing sufficient information for higher autonomy to make recommendations on budget and policies and for medium-term planning.
Common Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary back-up for Commissioning Manager. Team will receive direction from Sr. Commissioning Engineer in the absence of the Commissioning Manager
• Lead issues to resolution, while maintaining professionalism in all communications with both internal and external contacts. This included multitasking and driving issues to resolution.
• Applies strong troubleshooting skills and ability to mentor junior engineers.
• Provides timely feedback on process/procedural improvements and operational inefficiencies.
• Completes tasks required to maintain service levels and availability of all site features and function.
• Act as the customer interface and gather technical requirements.
• Attend planning meetings and resolution meeting with customers to meet customer needs or resolve issues.
Background and Experience:
• Bachelor’s in Engineering or related field
• 5 years of experience in the below:
o Prior experience supervising junior engineering staff required.
o Prior experience in commissioning engineering activities required.
o Very knowledgeable of Wireless Network and Mobile Interworking (Core, BSC, RAN or IP) network elements.
• Has responsibility for the operational performance of the department. Directs the resolution of complex operational and organizational problems.
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to take ownership, and the ability to identify and solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment.
• The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiples levels within the company and with external contacts.
• Demonstrated English language competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external communications, especially in training of repair technicians’ communications of troubleshooting techniques.
• Work under very little supervision and guidance to identify and ensure achievement of team goals and to complete individual work assignments within established time frames.
Base Transceiver Stations
Code Division Multiple Access
Business Performance Management