As a member of the MIS team, he/she will be responsible for the delivery of end-to-end solutions which meet the business requirements of Iron Bow Technologies in particular, our ITSM system (Cherwell and ServiceNow). We are seeking an experienced Developer/Administrator to join our growing IT Service Management training and consulting practice. The administrator understands company, departmental and customer requirements to design and develop solutions. Experience should include, configuration of ServiceNow applications Change Management, Configuration Management, CMDB, Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Fulfillment, Asset Management, Service Catalog, and Service Portal. This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to solve issues related to the deployment of mission-critical software. The ability to take direction and work independently to achieve stated objectives is required.
This is a hands-on, technical position. The qualified candidate will have broad-based technical experience along with a solid understanding of relational databases. Experience configuring and deploying one or more ITSM is highly desirable. Experience working with and implementing ITIL-based processes is a plus.
The ITSM Developer/Administrator will work with customers and other members of the Iron Bow team to transform customer requirements into fully functional solutions based on the ServiceNow and or Cherwell Service Management platforms. This includes building dashboards and customized workflows for processes and procedures, customizing user interfaces, and working with existing customer data sources and tools. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:URL blocked - click to apply
- ITSM, in particular ServiceNow/Cherwell Administrator/Implementer/Developer
- Design, implement, train and perform ongoing operations and maintenance on the ServiceNow/Cherwell Service Desk applications.
- Manage configuration and train staff.
- Ability to develop quality documentation that clearly articulate solutions and the ability to perform demonstrations
- Ability to work with various customers/departments/users to design, deploy and support solutions according to the user requirements
- Troubleshoot issues, analyze and take appropriate action to remediate issues
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with third-party tools using SOAP and REST APIs, a bonus.
- Configure ServiceNow Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Policies, UI Actions, Data Policies and Data Dictionary.
- Create, update, and maintain connection between Active Directory and ServiceNow settings associated with LDAP, SSO Integration, and MID Server.
- Create, update, and maintain ServiceNow CMDB, including creating new Configuration Items, when needed
- Create, update, and maintain Service Catalog items based on user requirements
- Create, update, and maintain Service Portal and UI pages
- Create, update, and maintain user, roles, and groups
- Ensure that customer agencies can fully utilize the system by balancing their requirements for data security and functionality without compromising the sustainability or supportability of the core service.
- Familiarity with MS Exchange
- Familiarity with SaaS and Cloud technologies
- Develop credible and high-integrity relationships with customers, prospects and partners
- Support the delivery organization to provide technical support and product demonstrations
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in computer science, information systems, or business administration, and/or 3-5 year of equivalent work experience.
- Three+ years’ experience working with writing, installing and supporting IT Service Management applications (particularly Cherwell, Service Now) in a large-scale environment or an equivalent combination or training and experience.
- Hands-on development, maintenance, and support experience with the ITSM applications, tools, and associated components, including configuration/customization strategies and implementations, workflows, groups, roles, etc.
- ITIL Foundation and/or more advanced ITIL certifications a bonus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills within a business and/or technical context, particularly with translating customer requirements into technical implementations
- Customer focused with a high level of customer service and interaction skills
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to function as a consultant to ITSM clients and others as needed
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and execute with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret policies, rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to the acquisition of computer software and hardware and in the handling and protection of multiple classes of data
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Configuration Management Databases
It Service Management