Local Unit & Position Description
Help lead decarbonization and the advancement of Renewable Energy! We're looking for a Senior Project Manager for our Owner's Engineering team. The Senior Project Manager will work on a variety of engagements related to storage, solar, wind and other emerging technologies; where project stages varies from pre-feasibility development, design engineering and construction, through end of life management strategies.
The Owner's Engineering (OE) team is growing rapidly, and we are seeking an engaging, curious and confident project manager who can leverage the expertise of DNV's subject matter experts to enable our Customers to navigate and deliver on the energy transition.What we doOur Customers can choose any number of consultancies to execute on specific tasks to support their engineering needs. Our OE team succeeds by developing long-term partnerships with our Customers, acting as their trusted advisor from the earliest project layouts through commissioning.
Our Customers are at the forefront of the energy transition and the opportunity it represents. Our team is nimble, and driven by our mission to ensure renewable energy projects are safely and sustainably designed, constructed and installed.
Broadly, our work falls into four categories:
- Ad-hoc technical advisory, including but not limited to Feasibility studies, site selection, layout creation and optimization, offtake/construction/supply agreement negotiation and support, technical studies and risk assessments, repowering studies, CAPEX, OPEX and decommission cost estimates;
- Engineering Design (preliminary wind, solar, and storage; and Engineer of Record on solar PV electrical design); development of technical specifications and engineering design standards
- Technical Procurement support, including development of tender documents, RFPs, bid evaluation, EPC and supplier contract negotiation, and equipment risk mitigation recommendations and selection; and
- Comprehensive OE services, including construction design review, construction monitoring, commissioning and acceptance testing support.
This position can be based out of any of our U.S. DNV Renewables Advisory offices. Remote work will also be considered from anywhere in the continental U.S.
What you'll do
- Provide project management and project sponsorship for delivery of technical advisory engagements with DNV's Customers.
- Develop new business opportunities through organization of customer meetings and participation in thought leadership campaigns.
- Contribute to innovation initiatives that encompass internal processes improvements, generation and validation of new service offerings, refinement of team best practices, and project management tools.
- Have willingness to enthusiastically support new customers with bespoke needs to enter new markets and creatively provide technical advisory solutions on a regular basis.
- Provide input to strategies for new service implementation and core service growth in wind, solar and solar + storage and some emerging technologies.
What is required
- Demonstrated and exceptional skills in project management.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or other relevant equivalent experience.
- Minimum of seven years of experience performing technical project management within project development activities in the renewable energy industry.
- Comprehensive understanding of the technical aspects of renewable energy plant construction with demonstrated experience in energy storage development.
- Demonstrated creative skills regarding customer service.
- Exceptional written communication ability to influence a wide range of audiences.
What is preferred
- Direct experience at a technical consultancy, renewable energy developer or in business development in the battery energy storage industry.
- Willing to travel 5-15% of the time, domestic and international.
- Strong skills in CapEX and OpEX modelling, project budgets, and financial models.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project management training or credentials.
- Specific knowledge of contract purpose and negotiation, particularly for Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC), Operations & Maintenance (O&M) and Power Purchase Agreement (PPA).
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*
What We Offer
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Company Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick, and Disability)
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans to choose from
- Spending Accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, Company-Seeded HSA
- 401(K) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Education reimbursement program
- Employer-Paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department ([ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Project Manager, Owner's Engineering). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
For more information
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Project Manager, Owner's Engineering more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and New York City Salary Transparency Law, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado or New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado and New York City, NY only, the range of starting pay for this role is $120,000 - $160,000.Please submit a cover letter to be considered with this application.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
- Business Development
- Certified Project Management Professional