Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
This person is responsible for coordinating, organizing and tracking the day-to-day activities of the Sourcing Planning team, with specific responsibility for the following:
• Project Management: Serves as the primary project manager for all key initiatives of the Sourcing Planning Department; ensures effective organization, scheduling and completion of critical tasks/activities for high-priority projects; maintains an accurate record of the work and timelines, and coordinates communication both within the team and across other teams/functions as needed; takes responsibility for ensuring a project management discipline for Sourcing.
• Process Organization & Documentation: Serves as the primary documenter of all key processes of the Sourcing Planning Department; ensures accurate records and timely updates of all process documentation; takes responsibility for ensuring that standard work is documented for all key activities, particularly those that are cyclical in nature (e.g. Annual Compensation Review & Communication, CSP Renewal, Technology Upgrades, etc.)
• Field Assistant Interface: Manages regular communications between Sourcing and the Field Assistant community; establishes cadence for gathering feedback and input; identifies and documents processes for engaging Field Assistants in critical work initiatives led by Sales Planning
• Field Participation Coordination: Manages engagement of field-based resources for projects/initiatives
Position Description requiring Sales Team Member input or participation; includes identifying and engaging with participants and managing ongoing communications associated with key projects/initiatives
• Consulting Relationship Coordination: Manages day-to-day interaction with various consulting organizations with whom sourcing may partner (e.g. Training, Technology); manages creation of accurate Statements of Work, completion of deliverables, receipt of goods and payment; tracks consulting relationships and ensures costs and budget are managed accurately and effectively
• Meeting Management: Plans and organizes meetings for the Sourcing Department; ensures calendars are coordinated and agendas are established for all key meetings
• Administrative support: Provides administrative support for the Director of Sourcing, including calendar, meeting and expense management
• Active listening and questioning skills
• Project Management experience a plus; formal training to be provided
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Willingness to hold others accountable for project delivery and timelines
• Ability to assimilate large amounts of information and consolidate into meaningful summaries
• Process orientation and ability to create standard work procedures
• Demonstrated problem solving ability and critical thinking skills
• Effective presentation skills • Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Knowledge of CRM, SFA and mobile technologies a plus
• Previous experience as a Grainger Regional Sales Assistant a plus
• Cross-functional experience (Sales, Marketing, Customer Service) a plus
• College degree (preferred) • 10-15% trave
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Complex Problem Solving