Front Desk Agent –
* High school diploma or GED
Skills and Experience (Essential)
* At least 18 years of age
* Basic computer skills
* Must be able to read, communicate effectively and have superb interpersonal skills
* Must be able to work well under pressure while retaining tact and composure when resolving guest complaints
Skills and Experience (Preferred)
* Work experience in the hospitality or restaurant industry
* Experience with programs such as Vision One, Galaxy, Lightspeed or RTP
* Communication in other languages is helpful
Often the first and last contact for our guests, the front desk agent is a critical link to guest satisfaction. Responsibilities include welcoming guests, processing registration and check-out, anticipating guest needs and meeting or exceeding those needs, responding to and resolving guest inquires and complaints, and coordinating with other departments to ensure guests feel well-cared for and valued. This person should be very comfortable interacting with guests and potential clients in a highly professional manner.
- Job Responsibilities
* Maintain a personal demeanor that is friendly, cheerful and courteous at all times.
* Greet guests by name.
* Ensure that all guests feel welcomed to the property.
* Register guests and assign rooms.
* Conduct check-out processes.
* Generate reservations for restaurant, transportation or hotel/resort amenities.
* Ensure guest satisfaction by responding to guest inquiries with accurate information and a positive attitude.
* Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
* Respond to phone calls, and retrieve guest mail, faxes and packages.
* Promote hotel amenities and services to guests using personal knowledge and effective selling techniques.
* Welcome and effectively resolve guest questions, issues and complaints with supervisor assistance as needed.
* Provide constant and consistent communication with other departments and supervisors/managers in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Attend team briefings.
* Handle cash, credit card, currency conversions and other financial transactions.
* Post charges such as room, food, liquor or telephone to ledger.
* Compute or adjust bill, collect payment, and make change for guests.
Perform other duties as assigned.