Cherry Street is currently seeking an experienced Solar Journeyman to provide coordination, planning, and supervision to assistant superintendents, contractors, and craft activities overseeing our solar projects. You will develop and enhance customer relationships by providing excellent service. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success.
- Outcomes and Ongoing Duties
- Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus, and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Wire pull and terms.
- Lead, train, and actively build systems.
- Build Equipment Racks
- Read blueprints and schematics.
- Reference NEC codes.
- Conduit installation.
- Other duties as assigned, including:
- Recognize and mitigate unfavorable working conditions
- Find opportunities to improve processes and procedures
- Solar PV O&M / Installation: 5+ years
- Extensive experience with C&I solar PV projects featuring roof, ground, and canopy systems
- Familiarity with the most common monitoring platforms (Also/Locus, Egauge, SolarSCADA, SMA, Solar Edge)
- Familiarity with common causes of failure and under-performance for distributed generation PV systems
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code (NEC) 2011-2017 and its application to solar photovoltaic systems
- Proficient use of digital tools and online platforms
- Excellent analytical skills with large data sets
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or related discipline preferred
- Advance study in PV Installation, Commissioning or Maintenance preferred
- Travel limited to within the state of Georgia, potential travel required
- Salary of $65 -90K (depending on experience)
- Vehicle Stipend
- 100% Health insurance
- Unlimited time-off
- Participation in Company's Stock Option Plan
- Big Data
- Construction Management