A plant operator is needed in the GKT plant to bag bulk product in one metric ton bags. Operator will stack bags in the warehouse and later load them onto containers or vessels. The qualified candidate must be able to work a rotating shift and he/she needs to have general labor skills, but not limited to those listed below.
• Bag kaolin clay into one metric ton bags.
• Stack and load bags into containers using a forklift.
• Able to climb into a stack of bags and strap bags on the forklift rack (up to 16 feet).
• Operate a bagging machine so that the bags are filled to the proper weight.
• Tie and secure the filling spout of the bags once they are filled and placard the bags.
• Set up silos for storage or transfer of bulk products.
• Conduct rail receiving duties such as, but is not limited to, opening and closing railcar doors via hydraulic openers and pulling samples or product for quality control.
• Maintain a clean work space to ensure safe working conditions.
• Ability to work in various weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, and wind) and extreme heights.
• Other projects or assignments as requested by management.
• Must have equal ability to work as part of a high-performance team and as an individual contributor as dictated by the situation.
• Candidate must have some Forklift experience or related experience with similar equipment.
• Must practice safety at all times.
• Good communication skills.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Certification in related field is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-100 pounds.
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our organizations.