Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.
Your role with the company:
One of Related's affordable housing apartment communities located in Boulder,CO is seeking a Occupancy Specialist to join their team. This individual needs to have an eye for detail and the ability to operate on a deadline driven schedule. The ideal candidate would possess strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Complete recertifications for ACC and Non-ACC units in a timely fashion
- Interview residents to complete interims, recertifications, etc
- Process 3rd party verifications
- Compose and distribute correspondence to residents
- Conduct screening for prospective residents
- Answer all leasing questions
- Update wait-list
- Maintain resident files
- Ensures compliance with all HUD, IHDA, Tax Credit and/or other regulatory requirements related to the property’s funding sources
- Maintains re-certification schedule.
- Processes notices to residents 120 days prior to anniversary move-in date.
- Completes interviews with residents, completing re-certification forms completely and accurately.
- Prepare lease for resident and obtain signature on lease and all back up documentation.
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
- Bilingual is a must. Spanish/English
- Minimum of two years' experience with demonstrated leasing or comparable experience
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials
- Polished interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers, customers, and associates.
- Ability to effectively present information to prospective or current residents
- Knowledge of LIHTC/Section 8
- Ability to handle high call volume from current and prospective residents
- Must have knowledge of Tax Credit policies and procedures
- Knowledge of basic accounting/bookkeeping practices; office practices and procedures; filing and maintenance of fiscal records
- Ability to complete and apply all of the provided leasing, compliance and applications processing training.
- Must be capable of overseeing multiple functions simultaneously, with a keen sense of prioritizing
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer.