Associate General Counsel
LOCATION: Burlington, MA
DIRECT REPORTING: General Counsel
CIRCOR International (NYSE: CIR) is one of the world’s leading providers of mission critical flow control products and services for the Industrial and Aerospace & Defense markets. The Company has a product portfolio of market-leading brands serving its customers’ most demanding applications. CIRCOR markets its solutions directly and through various sales partners to more than 14,000 customers in approximately 100 countries. The Company has a global presence with approximately 3,200 employees and is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts. For more information, visit the Company’s investor relations website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Associate General Counsel - Corporate & Securities, Ethics & Compliance
The successful candidate for this role will report directly to the General Counsel and will have primary responsibility for the Company’s governance and reporting compliance, ethics & compliance program management and corporate finance responsibilities. This role also provides opportunity for growth into other matters under the purview of the CIRCOR Legal & Compliance function, including transactions, operations and contracting matters.
Governance & Reporting & Corp Finance
- Assist with the preparation and review of a broad range of securities law filings under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Ensure compliance with SEC and NYSE rules and requirements.
- Support and advise Investor Relations and Finance & Accounting departments on disclosure matters, including review of earnings announcements, press releases, investor presentations, investor communications and other materials.
- Assist in the preparation for board, committee and stockholder meetings, including drafting of materials and coordination of agendas.
- Advise on finance transactions and loan documents; lead the legal work in drafting and administering same.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate corporate governance policies and practices, including those related to insider trading and conflicts minerals.
- Maintain and continuously improve all elements of the Company’s ethics and compliance program, including the development of core compliance metrics and reporting mechanisms.
- Drive and promote our culture of ethics and compliance across the Company.
- Oversee the periodic review of our standards of conduct and related policies to ensure continuing relevance.
- Manage the delivery of employee ethics and compliance training to a diverse, global work force. Develop effective lines of communications regarding relevant ethics and compliance topics.
- Drive an open reporting environment and coordinate the response to alleged violations of policies, including direct management of investigations.
- Regularly assess compliance risks associated with business and develop plans to mitigate such risks.
- Play a key role in our enterprise risk and Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of public company accounting, tax and finance processes, terminology, systems and issues.
- Strong knowledge and good understanding of relevant ethics & compliance and corporate governance trends, issues and emerging hot topics.
- Exceptional analytical ability and advocacy skills; attention to detail; excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills, appropriate to all levels of employees. Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to develop and implement processes and procedures (including trainings) to continually improve upon the efficiency and effectiveness of areas of responsibility, working closely with other departments.
- Resilient and comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Approachable, genuine and a well-developed sense of humor!
- The ability to demonstrate CIRCOR’s Values & Absolutes, which are; Customer Intimacy, Team Before Self, Commitment & Accountability, Speed, Excellence & Innovation, Safety, Ethics & Controls
- The ability to demonstrate CIRCOR’s Core Competencies, which are; Adaptability, Analytical Thinking, Communication, Customer Focus, Drive for Results & Accountability, Innovation, Leadership, Talent Development, Teamwork & Inclusion, Technical/Functional Skills
Education & Experience
- JD Degree from an accredited US law school and an active member in good standing of a U.S. state bar (and eligible to register in Massachusetts, as in-house counsel).
- Demonstrated broad experience in 1933 and 1934 Act filings with strong knowledge of SEC rules and regulations (preferable 5 years of legal experience) either at a law firm or in-house at a US public company. Detailed understanding of SEC and NYSE disclosure and reporting requirements and public company Board and Committee functions and matters.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities