Full-Time, Day Shift
1-3 Years Work Experience
Perform all required accounting functions for multiple Primrose Retirement Communities, including financial statement preparation, payroll processing and accounts payable processing.
Position requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (preferred)
- Preferred but not required, to have previous experience in bookkeeping and accounting functions.
- Possession of strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and timelines.
- Possession of strong information technology skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and prior experience with Peachtree, Sage or Quickbooks Accounting software platforms.
- Willingness to work productively with other departments within the Primrose organization
- Possession of excellent interpersonal abilities, including tact, maturity and flexibility, keep information confidential, and ethical decision making processes
- Process tasks following pre-established guidelines and procedures
- Ability to work flexible hours when overtime is required
- Candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug screening. References will be requested and contacted.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for multiple properties
- Monthly reconciliations (Cash, Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, Other)
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll for multiple property locations and complete payroll tax return as required.
- Enter and maintain journal entries for multiple property locations on a monthly basis
- Utilize Primrose's property management software (Matrixcare) on a daily basis to assist in accounting functions and address questions from Executive Directors from the properties.
- Accounts payable: process bills and invoices for payment, research vendor inquiries, review property expenditures, invoices and other documentation.
- Update a variety of Excel spreadsheets on a routine basis.
- Electronic scanning, filing, coping and organization of large volumes of paperwork
- Verbal and written correspondence with Primrose personnel, banks, vendors, tax authorities, and other entities.
- Prepare and file sales and use tax returns
- Update and maintain depreciation schedules for multiple properties
WORKING BEHAVIORS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position supports and reports to the Director of Accounting, involves time sensitive deadlines, and requires the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
Candidate must be highly motivated and able to work within a team environment. Candidates are expected to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with co-workers, and Primrose Management.
Candidate must maintain both a professional appearance and behavior as both are expected of all Primrose employees.
PRIMROSE RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES is an equal opportunity employer.