We Provide Solutions. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
In Sales you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Sales Teams are often the public face of our organization. As a result we make every effort to support and develop their skills. Working across a strong customer base, you’ll find you have the flexibility and autonomy to structure your days while having the confidence that comes from promoting a well-recognized and trusted brand. With lots of opportunities for repeat business and referrals, we also offer outstanding support, plus great pay and benefits.
The Director of National Client Retention (DNCR)is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Executive Director of Sales. The DNCR is responsible for overseeing all aspects of client retention and direct supervision of Manager of AM and departments, Manager of Reseller and departments nationally.
As a leader, the DNCR is responsible for creating and executing the overall vision for Quest ES as it relates to client retention, sales growth, and various corporate initiatives. The DNCR will lead a team located throughout the U.S.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic development, implementation, and management of the Quest ES client retention business plan which includes consistently demonstrating value to our customers and prospective clients for the purpose of retaining and growing their business.
- Partner with executive leadership to create and execute an integrated companywide business plan that generates growth for the organization through client retention and upsell opportunities.
- Work with retention teams to assess client needs and identify strategies to protect customer base and increase visits and revenue.
- Monitor, manage and develop retention team associates.
• Coordinate internal resources to ensure the fulfillment of service components and the successful delivery of value-added services.
• Manage client communications and develop education opportunities (e.g. industry/company events, educational seminars, and industry trends) for the purpose of developing closer client relationships.
• Define and oversee retention staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the team to achieve their growth targets.
• Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
• Define and manage technology enhancement programs that streamline processes for staff.
• Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
• Define and develop Sales Operations infrastructure to support the success of the sales team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Lead departmental managers through regular feedback, performance reviews, mentoring and development programs, coaching and counseling.
• Ensure teams have the requisite resources to successfully fulfill all service components, the delivery of value-added services and the overall success of the client retention programs.
• Determine performance standards and objectives for associates.
• Very strong analytical skills, ability to develop, implement and manage growth metrics; and ability to teach those skills to the team.
• Participate when needed in the interview and selection of team members.
• Ensure development plans are in place for team members interested in future growth within the organization.
• Ensure client retention teams are trained and equipped to perform their duties.
• Set performance improvement standards and proactively consult with Human Resources on potential performance issues.
• Experience managing portfolio of clients and building senior level relationships
• Expertise in systems including: Salesforce.com and MS Office applications
• Very strong spoken, written and presentation skills, for audiences of varying types and sizes.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, healthcare or a related field.
- More than fifteen years of experience organizing, developing and leading account management and client relationship programs.
- Excellent people skills in order to effectively manage a large and geographically dispersed team.
- Strategic thinking regarding overall enterprise direction of sales
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
Work is performed in an office and field environment. Involves frequent telephone contact with clients, other Consultants, and Management. Position requires irregular hours and may involve dealing with angry, upset or uneasy people. Work may be stressful at times. Frequent travel up to 80%.
Work requires sitting and driving for long periods. Frequent standing and walking for prolonged periods, as well as some bending and stooping. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds. Requires moderate typing skills and sufficient manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier and such other office equipment as necessary. Normal or corrected vision to acceptable levels for common office work. Hearing must be in the acceptable range for telephone contacts. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for variable periods of time.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patients come first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way.
We have a large recognized brand; we offer flexibility and autonomy, great support, pay and benefits and a comprehensive training and onboarding program.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.