Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for supporting, administering and improving the current MedExpress Infrastructure environment. The position will work to maximize reliability, security and performance while keeping in mind ease of expandability and flexible growth. This role will act as a technical leader on the infrastructure team driving process standardization and best practices..
- Evaluate new technological developments and evolving business requirements and recommend innovations to business/IT management.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the availability and integrity of all servers, systems and key processes.
- Working with Systems Engineer, assist in design and building of technical solutions, including virtualization opportunities.
- Proactively solve complex technical problems, leveraging vendor partners for swift mitigation of incidents.
- Document and implement detailed process and knowledge base guides for repeatable process.
- Assist with user account creation and maintenance and Identity and Access Management.
- Email administration (Exchange and Office 365).
- Lead technical projects including platform upgrades, migrations and patching.
- Act as a lead for support requests, guiding Level 1 & 2 Help Desk support teams around connectivity troubleshooting, printing configuration, Group Policy / Active Directory administration and Interfaces.
- Prioritize and resolve problems as they arise and notify management of potential problems pertaining to software and network functionality, customer relations, company documentation and internal processes/regulations.
- Remain current on technological changes within the industry through research and company training.
- Maintain knowledge of company products and services offered as well as internal departmental activities to effectively provide support and maintenance.
- Help manage physical and virtual server environments including performance analysis, email administration and patching strategies.
COMPLEXITY / PROBLEM SOLVING
- Analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions within standards (where applicable).
- Identify technology problems and take proactive steps to document and implement best practices.
- Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow-through.
- May act as a resource to others in the business to solve problems.
DISCRETION / LATITUDE / DECISION-MAKING
- Exercise independent judgment. Work affords significant opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Encouraged to seek out innovative solutions to problems, including new technologies.
COMMUNICATIONS / INTERPERSONAL CONTACTS
- Work and communicate with a wide range of people – peers, vendors, the public, staff members including executive leadership, and others.
- Consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Formulate and clearly communicate ideas to others.
- Maintains the perseverance to drive and sustain the changes that occur at MedExpress, while being resilient and flexible, and inspiring and motivating the team.
- Constantly communicates to the team, is open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on commitments.
- Mentors junior technical staff.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years related experience or equivalent combination
- Experience with MS Windows Server, Service Now, Citrix, SCCM, VMware, Azure
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service
- Ability to support and administer multi-site server instances and applications, including disaster recovery and load-balancing
- Thorough understanding of ITIL based change, incident and problem management best practices
- Understand current IT security trends and best practices
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in Health Care industry (HIPAA compliance) a plus
- Professional certifications as appropriate
- Active Directory maintenance and authentication (Kerberos), Group Policy deployment, Cloud Infrastructure, Exchange / Email administration, Virtualization Tools (VMware / Hyper - V), DNS, Domain Controllers, Load Balancing, Process and Network Monitors, Clustering, SaaS offerings, Virtual Desktop implementation
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining some of the above technologies (virtualized server environment, Active Directory, Email, etc.)
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: System Administrator, Senior Systems Administrator, Windows Server, Active Directory, Azure, Citrix, VMware, SCCM, Service Now, MedExpress, Canonsburg, PA, Morgantown, WV