Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
Public and private clients face myriad challenges – aging infrastructure, smart growth, lack of funding and limited staff. As a leader in sustainable design and construction, we take an integrated, innovative approach to help tackle those challenges.
We work together across an international network of offices. This means that wherever in the world a project is being delivered, our clients benefit from industry-leading expertise, as well as a dedicated local contact. We understand the importance of having deep roots in the community; knowing and understanding local requirements, practices and culture. This allows us to be true collaborative partners with our clients, so that together, we can tackle complex projects and enhance communities throughout the U.S. and around the world.
If you've set your heart on working for a company who values passion, doing the right thing, putting clients first and working collaboratively to provide excellence in all they do, then you've come to the right place.
The Atkins Construction Management Group
is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starter to join our Austin, TX
office as a Roadway Construction Superintendent.
Under direction, provides direction in all conventional and unconventional aspects of construction engineering to manage project construction observation and documentation activities, monitoring contractors' substantial compliance with contract, plans, specifications and special provisions and determining project quality, cost, and adherence to established completion schedule.
NOTE: Incumbents do not supervise any contractor's activities and are not responsible for job site safety.JOB DUTIES
- Plans and organizes the observation and documentation of construction projects.
- Schedules and coordinates observation of ongoing work and testing and sampling of materials.
- Assigns, leads and supervises internal staff engaged in observation and testing and in related record keeping.
- Monitors contractors' progress against schedule and prepares progress reports.
- Reviews payment requests and determines amount owing to contractor(s) based on on-site observations and contract stipulations.
- Oversees compilation of final estimate documents.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATIONSOTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related field and seven years related experience including personnel supervision. Engineering design experience desirable. With Associate's degree, fifteen years of related experience. Without a degree, seventeen years related experience is required.
- Relevant TxDOT roadway, bridges and structures construction inspection experience.
- Experience verifying construction steel reinforcement placement, concrete placement, drill shaft/pile driving, drainage structure placement, subgrade and base construction, signalization, CTMS, lighting, etc.
- Experience interpreting TxDOT roadway construction plans, specifications and special provisions.
- Experience resolving differences in interpretation of construction plans and/or specifications.
- Experience working with TxDOT 2014 specifications.
- Experience performing SW3P inspection and preparing documentation requirements.
- Experience compiling and maintaining SW3P working plan set.
- Experience monitoring construction phasing and TCPs.
- Experience performing field measurements to develop pay quantities and pay sheets for actual work completed by the Contractor.
- Experience using TxDOT SiteManager to record daily activity of work in progress and status of completion.
- Experience assisting with the preparation of monthly estimates and resolving un-installed pay work.
- Experience developing quantities calculations for change orders
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement by clicking the following link:
Attention To Detail