To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wahpeton, ND 58075
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GPAC • Wahpeton, ND
Posted 2 months ago
Primary Job Objective:
The primary job objective for the Feed Merchandiser is to oversee the purchasing and sales of the various commodities that are required and produced by the company. As a part of the executive management team, the Feed Merchandiser reports directly to the Director of Commodity and Risk Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each necessary duty adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Attention to detail
- Develop commodity strategies.
- Oversee all commodity purchasing.
- Ensure execution of corn origination programs that maximize farmer origination
- Be a part of the executive leadership team and help set strategic directions and work towards successful strategic objectives.
- Set goals, objectives, procedures and policies relative to commodity purchasing and marketing.
- The Feed Merchandiser would produce reports that review, examine and forecast company commodity activities and financial positions in commodities.
- Sustain accurate accounting records for all commodities according to Company standards and requirements.
- Advance strategic business opportunities such as additional grain storage or risk management consulting.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers, employees and board members and lead team members.
- Able to document their development and report on functions, developments and ideas related to the management of commodity price and margin risk.
- Using the corporate strategic goals set annually with the board of directors, be able to lead a competent location-based commodity merchandizing team.
- Knowledge in trading and hedging commodities
- Knowledge of company operation and products
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Knowledgeable in Smartsoft software
- Bachelor's degree in business or comparable experience
- 7 years in corn origination
- Experience in developing commodity strategies
- Experience in corn marketing and sales
Please contact Matt Norgaard directly at 605-978-5404, for more information.
Director of Commodity and Risk Management, Commodity Manager, Feed Merchandiser
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.