**Requisition ID:** 155239
**Job Level:** Senior Level
**Home District/Group:** Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
**Department:** Design Engineering
**Employment Type:** Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Roadway Engineer in our growing Design Engineering Services (DES) Group. The role is located in Westlake, TX, with the opportunity for flexible work. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the Design-Build/Alternative delivery of infrastructure projects.
ENR released its 2022 Contractor rankings.
• No. 3 - Overall
• No. 1 - Domestic Heavy
• No. 1 - Petroleum
• No. 1 - Transportation
• No. 2 - Power
• No. 4 - Working Abroad
• No. 20 - Domestic Building / Manufacturing
ENR released its 2021 Designer Rankings.
• No. 18 - Overall
• No. 20 - Transportation
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build/Alternative team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs, and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit's management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and furthers Kiewit's legacy of excellence.
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you're ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of Kiewit's new Westlake/Fort Worth, Texas office. Opportunities for flexible work are available.
• Lead highway and civil design teams for major complex projects; performing as Engineer of Record, Task Manager, Discipline Lead, Deputy Project Lead, or Project Lead
• Provide oversight and direction to the design team,
• Supervise, mentor, and evaluate junior staff,
• Lead a team experienced staff, promote staff development through training, mentoring, and career planning,
• Oversee/create surface models utilizing OpenRoads Designer, InRoads, Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center and/or other similar design software,
• Lead interdisciplinary design coordination to ensure that project elements are compatible,
• Oversee/create preliminary design concepts and alternatives for highways and civil features to support cost estimating,
• Develop project communications and technical meetings, provide coordination to resolve design issues,
• Prepare and implement quality management plans,
• Lead quality control reviews, comment resolution meetings, and verify corrections are completed,
• Manage scope, schedule and budget for the roadway design team,
• Execute final design of project elements such as roadway geometrics, roadway design plans, signing and marking plans, maintenance of traffic plans, wall plan and profile sheets, Design Exceptions, Design Deviations, and final Released for Construction (RFC) plans
• Lead project and department level meetings,
• Interface with project stakeholders as needed.
• This position includes travel to project offices and work sites as needed up to 50%
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field,
• Master's degree in civil engineering or related field desired,
• Registered as a Professional Engineer,
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing,
• High Emotional Intelligence,
• 10+ years of civil / highway design experience
• Experience leading and mentoring junior staff,
• Experience developing construction plans for transportation projects,
• Experience leading design teams,
• Experience with design-build/alternative delivery
• Expert level knowledge of AASHTO, A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets, 7th Edition,
• Expert level knowledge of USDOT/FHWA, MUTCD for Streets and Highways, 2009 Edition,
• Expert level knowledge of AASHTO, Roadside Design Guide, 4th Edition,
• Working knowledge of Autodesk and/or Bentley CAD platforms preferred,
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
_We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that's among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off._
_We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._
- Career Management
- Civil Engineering
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Cost Modelling