To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richfield, OH 44286
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Health and Safety Specialist - Solid Waste
Tetra Tech • Richfield, OH
Posted 26 days ago
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tech Tetra Inc. is currently seeking a Health and Safety (H&S) Specialist to assist in the implementation of the Tetra Tech, Inc. Solid Waste East (SWE) health and safety program and to support and communicate with the Unit on project and program-related health and safety matters.
The role is responsible for driving best practices and helping us achieve and maintain World Class EHS performance. As such you’d be required to have and provide technical expertise which is critical to assisting in the implementation of the Health, Safety and Environmental programs for multiple internal customers.
This role will support all EHS matters for Tetra Tech SWE, which has 4 distinct divisions, 9 offices, 400+ employees, and 600 projects across the nation annually.
- Help develop and support long term safety culture.
- Apply scientific knowledge to anticipate hazardous conditions that could have adverse health effects on our workers or the environment.
- Coordinate, help plan and conduct training programs and processes to educate employees on environment, health and safety in the workplace.
o Training to include audio/visual elements, webinars, on-site tailgates and other methods to properly train all SWE managers and staff.
- Inspect work area and prescribe corrective actions to reduce health and safety risks.
- Provide injury and disease risk assessment and worksite analysis for a variety of work environments to identify when and where hazardous conditions can and do exist.
- Perform common H&S and industrial hygiene tasks including but not limited to:
o performing occupational exposure assessments
o helping to develop and conduct H&S training courses for employees and clients
o satisfying H&S recordkeeping requirements
o supporting safety oversight of site activities to assess H&S compliance
o conducting field audits and serving as onsite H&S Officer
o conducting incident investigations
• Provide H&S technical support and/or project management of on-going and new projects.
• Investigate, track, and assess all worker injuries and facilitate the paperwork, claims, and liaise with claims specialist and injured worker.
o Prior knowledge of an incident tracking software program a plus.
• Interact with and participate on the Tetra Tech Corporate Safety Council
- Travel of approximately 50% is required for this position (e.g., project sites, conferences, company meetings).
Competent in comprehensive safety and health practice for General Industry and Construction Industry as well as familiarity with the mining industry and DOT/FMCSA regulatory environment. Familiarity or skill in medical surveillance, workers compensation, incident investigation, & drug and alcohol programs is a plus. EHS experience in solid waste environments is desirable. Prior experience teaching Confined Space Entry, Attendant, Supervisor is desirable.
• You have a degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or a related science and 3 or more years of experience (and/or a combination of relevant professional credentials, degree unrelated to EHS, and 5+ years of relevant experience in the EHS field).
• You possess strong training and communication skills
• Candidate must have excellent knowledge of OSHA regulatory requirements, experience in conducting health and safety audits, development and implementation of compliance programs and best practices in construction/civil engineering industry
• Completion of 40-hour HAZWOPER training (with appropriate annual 8-hour refresher courses) and prior experience teaching it is strongly preferred.
• Completion of 24-hour MSHA training (with appropriate annual 8-hour refresher courses) strongly preferred.
• OSHA Outreach (Construction) and prior experience teaching it is strongly preferred.
• First Aid/CPR instructor preferred.
• Willingness and ability to travel frequently is required. Travel is likely to be 50% or more at times.
You’re ready to join a world class company and you enjoy challenging work.
This position is in Richfield, OH. However, you would be responsible for supporting projects located throughout the US.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies