Tech Tetra Inc. is currently seeking a Health and Safety (H&S) Specialist to assist in the implementation of the Tetra Tech, Inc. Solid Waste East (SWE) health and safety program and to support and communicate with the Unit on project and program-related health and safety matters.
• Travel of approximately 50% is required for this position (e.g., project sites, conferences, company meetings).
• Help develop and support long term safety culture.
• Apply scientific knowledge to anticipate hazardous conditions that could have adverse health effects on our workers or the environment.
• Coordinate, help plan and conduct training programs and processes to educate employees on environment, health and safety in the workplace. Training to include audio/visual elements, webinars, on-site tailgates and other methods to properly train all SWE managers and staff.
• Inspect work area and prescribe corrective actions to reduce health and safety risks.
• Provide injury and disease risk assessment and worksite analysis for a variety of work environments to identify when and where hazardous conditions can and do exist.
• Provide H&S technical support relative to incidents.
• Investigate, track, and assess all worker injuries and facilitate the paperwork.
Competent in comprehensive safety and health practice, especially in the Construction Industry. Familiarity with the mining industry and DOT/FMCSA regulatory environment desirable. Familiarity or skill in medical surveillance, workers compensation, incident investigation, & drug and alcohol programs is a plus. EHS experience in solid waste environments is desirable. Prior experience teaching Confined Space Entry, Attendant, Supervisor is desirable.
• You have a degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or a related science and 3 or more years of experience (and/or a combination of professional credentials, and experience in the EHS field).
• You possess strong training and communication skills
• Candidate must have excellent knowledge of OSHA regulatory requirements, experience in conducting health and safety audits, development and implementation of compliance programs and best practices in construction/civil engineering industry
• Completion of 40-hour HAZWOPER training (with appropriate annual 8-hour refresher courses) and prior experience teaching it is strongly preferred.
• Completion of 24-hour MSHA training (with appropriate annual 8-hour refresher courses) strongly preferred.
• OSHA Authorized Outreach (Construction) Instructor and prior experience teaching it is strongly preferred.
• First Aid/CPR instructor preferred.
• Willingness and ability to travel frequently is required. Travel is likely to be 50% or more at times.
This position is in (Richfield, OH). However, you would be responsible for supporting projects located throughout the US.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multi-billion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting URL blocked - click to apply.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Occupational Safety And Health
Environmental Resource Management