- Leadership: Develop and lead a global team of Business Intelligence and Data Analysts in collaboration with Data Science, Data Warehousing, and Data Engineering to design, develop, deploy, and monitor enterprise business intelligence tools.
- Cultivate a generative culture that values customer-centric continuous improvement through experimentation and self-guided learning.
- Ensure agile teams are properly staffed to deliver on time by defining clear development patterns and architectural guidelines, maintaining a roadmap for execution, and actively securing its implementation through the scrum process.
- Team Development and Coaching: Act as a positive coach/mentor for the broader organization, developing an understanding of data visualization patterns and data-driven business analytic approaches that create scalable, maintainable, well-designed solutions.
- Acts as a facilitator of complex technical topics that require cross-functional consultation.
- Architecture: Relentlessly identify and remove friction in the business intelligence development lifecycle to improve team member experience and increase the quality of insights.
- Influence, develop, and sustain large-scale business intelligence architecture required for increasing the transparency of key insights as well as continuously learn and apply new skills by staying abreast of the broader business intelligence industry.
- Work in cross-functional, geographically distributed agile teams of highly skilled data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, designers, engagement managers, and others to continuously innovate business intelligence solutions.
- Independently execute and review others' business intelligence work products to ensure quality and business applicability.
- Develop, review, and secure documentation of data lineage, key metrics, and functional documentation to create broad awareness of the enterprise business intelligence assets and their application.
- Actively champion and apply best practices in data visualization, user-centric interface design, data storytelling, and business intelligence architecture.
- Coordinate with other teams to apply optimal patterns for business intelligence solutions.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelors degree and eight (8) years of relevant work experience including three (3) years of project management/leadership experience.
- Masters degree or Ph.D. and five (5) years of relevant work experience including two (2) years of project management/leadership experience.
- Experience in at least two areas:
- Expert Practitioner in designing, developing, and deploying Business Intelligence tools (i.e. Power BI, SAP Business Objects, etc.)
- Expert Practitioner of SQL with experience designing high-quality, production SQL queries and views.
- Expert Practitioner of Python development with experience designing high-quality, production Python codebases.
- Expert Practitioner of hypothesis-based problem solving.
- Expert Practitioner of data modeling.
- Experience influencing and building mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences.
- Working knowledge of Distributed Parallel Processing Environments such as Spark or Snowflake.
- Working knowledge of problem-solving/root cause analysis on Production workloads.
- Working knowledge of Agile, Scrum, and Kanban.
- Working knowledge of workflow orchestration using tools such as Airflow, Prefect, Dagster, or similar tooling.
- Working knowledge with CI/CD and automation tools like Jenkins or Azure DevOps.A
- Agile Methodology
- Apache Spark
- Business Intelligence