Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specializing in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health.
Reporting to the North American Sales Manager, the Technical Advisor is responsible for the planning and delivery of all commercial activities in a specific geographical region. The job role involves carrying out background research to determine potential markets relevant to our services, collecting relevant contact details for staff within pertinent companies, regularly contacting and meeting with customers, arranging customer presentations, preparing quotations as and when necessary, feeding back competitor information to the sales manager and meeting annual sales budgets.
The job role involves regular communication with technical customer contacts to discuss how we may resolve particular process problems. In order to offer the best customer service, the job holder should have a strong background in radioisotope diagnostic applications.
- Proactively make cold call contacts with potential customers.
- Answer customer technical and commercial enquiries.
- Proactively seek names of potential customers and send relevant promotional material to those parties.
- Arrange and schedule appointments with customers by phone.
- Arrange and coordinate seminars.
- Create customer proposals as and when required in support of the operational team.
- Proactively seek information on competitor services/products and formulate pricing/promotion plans to counter competitive threats.
- Actively participate in the annual budgeting process with regional manager.
- Feed back to corporate office technology requirements that we may be able to develop to meet customer needs.
- Coordinate trade show activities.
- Contribute to the quarterly newsletter production and ensure dispatch to customers within the particular geographical area.
- Continually evaluate customer needs and report back to relevant Tracerco staff.
As the job role involves significant lone working and technical customer contact the job holder must possess good interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, technically capable and willing to travel on a regular basis to a wide range of customer sites.