At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at [ Link removed ] . Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Operator trainees operate and monitor auxiliary equipment and systems which support the safe, efficient, reliable, and environmentally sound production of electricity.
- Operate, inspect, and monitor in a safe, efficient, reliable, and environmentally sound manner power plant equipment (i.e. Boiler / Furnace equipment, Turbine/Generator and its associated auxiliary equipment, Fuel Systems, Plant Auxiliary Systems includes valves, pumps, blowers, Environmental Control Process equipment, and Water Treatment Systems)
- Observe variations in operating conditions and interpret meter and gauge readings to troubleshoot plant equipment to resolve operational problems
- Monitor and record data available through the use of various instruments, recording charts, annunciator systems and other monitoring devices onto shift logs as directed by plant operational procedure
- Perform safety related duties such as accepting work authorizations, hot work permits, confined space entry permits, etc
- Must operate the plant and do so in a safe manner resulting in no accidents and in compliance with all environmental permits at all times
- Effectively communicate information to supervision and fellow plant personnel, relative to the condition of the plant equipment and performance, and provide suggestions for plant improvements
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Four (4) years’ experience in plant operations or as a utility field operator or industrial process operator or four years military experience operating equipment such as engines, generators, boilers, mechanical and electrical auxiliaries, fuel, or chemical and water systems
- Candidates must receive a rating of “Recommended” on the NRG Pre-Employment Skills Assessment
- Requires operation of a motor vehicle; valid Driver’s License required
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at [ Link removed ] )
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
- Confined Spaces
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation Work
- Fuel Systems
- Problem Solving