Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
- Pay rate: $16.50 per hour.
- Generous benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid life insurance start on your 60th day.
- 401(k) with annual company match starts on your 90th day.
- Paid holidays, vacation time, educational assistance program, and more!
- McLane apparel is provided.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Delivery Assistant is a physical, fast-paced position providing direct support to a McLane Delivery Driver. As a Delivery Assistant, you will not be driving the delivery truck. You will be bending, lifting, and walking on a daily basis. Similar to our Delivery Drivers, you also represent the face of our company to our customers. Great customer service skills are a plus!
Your schedule depends on the route your assigned Delivery Driver runs.
Unload trailer using a hand truck or 2-wheeled dolly.
Place all delivery items in customer-designated food-safe storage areas.
Assist the driver's efforts to ensure accurate and on-time deliveries.
Work safely to prevent injury to people and damage to products.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Lift and move product and pallets which may weigh up to 75 pounds.
- Pre-employment screenings, including a background check and a drug test.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.