ECS is seeking a Sr. Training & Education SME to work in our Stafford, VA office.
ECS Federal is seeking a Senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) to manage and provide direction to DoD training and education information system projects supporting a USMC customer. This is a senior level position and will also serve as the Deputy Program Manager for two related projects.
- He/She will translate customer requirements into formal agreements and plans that meet the customer's business requirements.
- He/She will work with the customer to identify their business requirements and develop a proposed solution.
- He/She will lead a technical team in initiating, planning, controlling, executing, and closing the project to produce a delivered solution.
- Master's degree required.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must possess an active Secret security clearance
- 12 - 16 years of management experience; prior project management experience required.
- Experience in detailed requirements gathering, interpretation, analysis, and validation
- Experience developing strategic plans to meet customer mission requirements.
- Experience in project planning, scheduling, and preparing detailed products regarding program status and in the use of Microsoft Project
- Experience in software development, maintenance, and support, including quality assurance and life-cycle management.
- Experience leading teams in the many components of project management, such as: financial management, program documentation, scheduling, deployment, customer service, quality control, and others.
- Experience managing subcontractors; managing multiple, diverse, and non-traditional subcontractors is a plus.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in the customer space and managing competing priorities.
- Requires the ability to operate in a fluid, high operational tempo environment.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and the ability to change directions rapidly when required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience developing and delivering senior level briefs and presentations.
- PMP Certification
- Department of Defense experience as either a senior uniformed service member, civil servant, or DoD contractor.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.