To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Substance Abuse Counselor
New Season • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Other Great Industries
COUNSELOR-4 JOB DESCRIPTION
* New Season operates a number of nationally recognized and accredited methadone treatment centers dedicated to helping individuals with prescription drug abuse and/or opiate addiction regain control of their lives.
* We take great pride in treating our patients with dignity and respect in each phase of their treatment experience
* Works with patients to complete all intakes, admissions, discharges, and transfer paperwork.
* Documents patient progress through counseling and interaction through groups.
* Completes patient psychosocial and an individualized treatment plan within the required time frame.
* Identifies any clinical/case management needs and works to address those needs.
* Performs individual, group, and family counseling as required.
* Performs at least 20 hours of direct one-on-one patient contact per week through individual or group counseling.
* Reports patient abuse, neglect and exploitation as required.
* Reports patient grievances as required.
* Educates patient in all aspects of treatment, corresponding health issues and steps to recovery.
* Obtains Urine Drug Screens and initial patient photo identification.
* Assists in monitoring all patient activities on center premises.
* Actively participates in community relations activities as directed and authorized.
* Ensures the reading and understanding of the Policy and Procedures Manual.
* Ensures compliance with 42 CFR Part 2 (Federal Confidentiality Regulations) and 45 CFR, Parts 160 & 164 (HIPAA)
* Is responsible for obtaining or maintaining proper licensure and/or certification according to specific state requirements.
* Actively participates in preparation for surveys and inspections conducted by CARF, the State, DEA, Board of Pharmacy and any other agency site visits as dictated by the state laws or regulations.
* Participates in all staff meetings
* Ensures compliance with local, State, Federal and Colonial Management Group, LP rules, regulations and policies.
* Always acts in the best interests of the program and company; honors, supports, and protects the proprietary data and rights of the company.
* Performs other tasks as assigned by clinic, region or corporate leadership.
* Experience in substance abuse field is not required, but preferred
* Qualified candidates will have a Master's degree in a related field
* Experience Required:
* Minimum of 500 hours of experience in substance abuse
* Skill and Ability:
* Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to multitask, prioritize, and be dependable and reliable
* Basic mathematics skills
* Competitive Pay
* 3 weeks of PTO
* Excellent Medical (EPO & PPO plans), Dental, and Vision Insurance
* FSA's and Teladoc services
* Life Insurance
* Short/Long Term Disability
* 401k with up to 6% matching
* Leadership Development Academy
* Colonial Management Group, LP./New Season Is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws
Must have a Master's degree in Behavior Health. Prefer a licensed couonselor or one who is certified as an addictions counselor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000484153006
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.