Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases. Job Summary
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is currently seeking a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) to join the Field Medical Affairs Team. This position supports the Mid-Atlantic region of the US (currently comprised of OH, KY, TN, WV, VA, NC, MD). The MSL develops on-going professional relationships with national and regional healthcare opinion leaders and other healthcare professionals to provide medical and scientific support for Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. early development research initiatives in selected therapeutic areas. The MSL develops skills and competencies to educate healthcare professionals, DSI internal stakeholders (e.g., Clinical Development, Clinical Development Operations and Medical Research and Strategy). Responsibilities
Builds and maintains professional relationships with healthcare professionals (HCPs) by developing the skills and with guidance implementing the following:
- Support for pipeline, development and launch compounds in selected oncology therapeutic areas
- Presenting disease state and Daiichi Sankyo pipeline specific information to HCPs
- Identifying and appropriately facilitating engagement of qualified 1) investigators and study committee members for DSI clinical research programs, 2) investigator-initiated research study proposals, 3) advisors for DSI scientific, clinical advisory boards
- Responding to unsolicited requests for medical information
- Gathering customer insights regarding DSI investigational products to help inform clinical development and medical strategy
- Enhanced professional expertise through attendance of select scientific meetings and professional conferences for the purpose of continuing education, and scientific exchange with investigators and Key External Experts
- Develops the ability to apply the appropriate methods to implement the FMA department strategy within his/her geography.
- Completes administrative duties, including monthly expense reporting and field activity reporting
- Represents the Medical Science Liaison function by participating in DSI meetings, functions, events
Additional duties and responsibilities are based on position level/title, may include but are not limited to:
- Provides innovation in enhancing and developing professional relationships with national and regional healthcare opinion leaders and HCP’s to provide medical and scientific support for DSI research initiatives.
- Ability to anticipate trends and capitalize on opportunities
- Lead special projects/initiatives;
- Assist in the development of team members
- Represent FMA leadership at DSI meetings, functions and events
The successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without reasonable accommodationEducation/Experience
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- PharmD, M.D., or health science related Ph.D. from an accredited college or university. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience including medical & scientific affairs, clinical practice preferred
- Previous experience in supporting Oncology, clinical research (early development to registration trials) as well as medical education is highly desirable
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets company requirements
- This position requires 60% travel including overnight
Compensation and seniority level/title will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Duties and responsibilities may vary based on the position level/title.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pre Clinical Development