About Covanta Environmental Solutions: Covanta Environmental Solutions offers comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today's most complex environmental challenges. With a nationwide network of treatment, recycling and energy-from-waste facilities, Covanta Environmental Solutions enables customers to mitigate risk and reach their sustainability goals. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply .
About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply .
Information on our facilities is available at URL blocked - click to apply . For career opportunities, visit URL blocked - click to apply . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Collections Specialist is responsible for completing all collection activities for accounts existing within their assigned account portfolio. The Collections Specialist will be accountable for reducing customer delinquency through phone calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced, goal oriented collection department. Effective communication with customers, Sales Organization and Senior Management are critical for success within this role.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- High Volume of phone calls, email communication, and dunning letters to assigned delinquent customers
- Reduce customer DSO and accounts receivable delinquency
- Provide customer service when addressing collection issues, client discrepancies and short payments
- Monitor and maintain customer calls, small balance write-offs and account reconciliations
- Enlist the efforts of the Sales Organization and Senior Management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
- Communicate and follow up effectively with Sales Organization and Senior Management regarding customer account status on a timely basic
- All other duties as assigned by management
Competencies and Skills
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with a knack for being detail-oriented
- Ability to produce timely, accurate, reliable and relevant information
Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Applications (such as Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize high volumes and drive results
- Ability to understand and apply collections procedures
- Ability to work in teams towards accomplishing collective goals
- Must demonstrate initiative and a ‘Can Do Attitude’ to solve issues independently and professionally Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to use sound judgment
- Business related field highly preferred (or equivalent experience required)
5+ years of high-volume collections experience required
1+ years of customer service, customer operations, or equivalent work experience preferred
Experience with NetSuite
preferred and PeopleSoft ERP and Collections Workbench
Complex Problem Solving