To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Haddonfield, NJ 08033
- Tucker Company Worldwide
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Operations Intern
Tucker Company Worldwide, Inc. • Haddonfield, NJ
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Tucker Company Worldwide, established in 1961, is a privately owned Third Party Logistics Company (3PL) that has been providing successful freight logistics and supply chain solutions for three generations. Tucker utilizes all modes of transportation to arrange logistics all over the world: including truck, rail, ocean and air.
At Tucker, we focus on building and maintaining long-lasting business relationships with our customers, carriers and service providers. By hiring and retaining only the best people, we have been able to streamline practices within supply chains, increasing efficiencies and managing cost. We are not only the oldest privately held freight transportation brokerage in the country, but also a widely recognized industry leader for over half a century. The Company is looking to add a Transportation Operations Intern to our team. The Transportation Operations Intern will be responsible for upholding and enforcing vendor compliance and management to deliver superior service and ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. This individual will be responsible for providing support to the Carrier Sales Representative team (CSR). Meeting and exceeding on-time performance is required in order to maintain competitive advantage. The Transportation Operations Intern must be a punctual, team-oriented individual with a hard work ethic and the ability to think on his/her feet and proactively problem solve.
The applicant who is accepted for this position will work hours commensurate with standard company hours, Monday-Friday 07:30-4:30, with some flexibility. Responsibilities include all duties assigned by the company, and the following, by way of example:
* Track and trace all booked freight, and support colleagues, maintaining excellent customer service
o Proactively communicate pertinent shipment details to/from motor carriers, and our internal team.
o Work proactively to anticipate, and manage through, potential service challenges, to minimize or avoid service failures; implement CAPA processes and documentation, when necessary.
* Updating the Transportation Management System (TMS) to reflect the most current location and status shipment information for TL and LTL shipments by all modes of conveyance.
* Ensuring carrier profiles, including contact information and equipment details are up-to-date in TMS.
* Provide feedback/updates to the appropriate Key Account Manager (KAM), CSR, or Sales Representative (SR), forestalling issues and working with the Carrier Sales Manager (CSM) to resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
* Attend bi-weekly triage meetings with the Operations team.
* Working closely with the Carrier Relations department to ensure our customer's freight is in the best hands.
* Analyzing spreadsheets and extracting data.
Other Responsibilities Include:
* Be aware of, review, know where to find, and work in accordance with, company policies and procedures.
* Administrative duties as assigned.
* Preferred Education: Junior/Senior student, currently seeking a Bachelor's degree
* Transportation industry experience is a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to professionally and diplomatically communicate well in writing, over the phone, and face to face
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
* Team-Oriented and a strong willingness to learn
* Demonstrated ability to think logically; multi-task; and make prudent decisions and recommendations
* Ability to take initiative and work independently
* Proficiency in Microsoft: Excel, Word, Outlook