The Senior Renewable Energy Consultant will be responsible for providing technical expertise to DoD and USG energy experts. This includes providing subject metter expertise and technical review on renewable energy projects. The Senior Renewable Energy Consultant will serve as a senior technical expert in the areas of renewable energy, CFE generation facilities, and grid operations.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in cloud technical solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers' unique mission needs, backed by objective research, modernization strategies, and cloud services. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
* Provide technical review and subject matter knowledge on renewable energy, CFE generation facilities, grid operations, and electric retail choice.
* Act as a senior technical advisor to DoD and USG stakeholders on expected impacts of proposed energy projects.
* Conduct engineering assessments spanning a variety of energy technologies.
* Assess feasibility, cost, and mission impact of diverse energy project proposals.
* Make recommendations to enhance energy resilience.
* Provide expertise and guidance in management of sustainability/energy compliance and policies, and energy efficiencies.
* Coordinate with cross agency stakeholders to elicit facility energy requirements and conduct gap analysis.
* Research and respond to sustainability/energy data requests from other oversight agencies (e.g., OMB or Congress)
* Validate facility energy requirements against ongoing and proposed projects.
* Develop, measure, and recommend energy resilience and efficiency metrics.
* Draft executive summary reports and white papers for sustainability/energy data which may include standard operating procedures (SOPs), briefings, feasibility studies, position papers, and similar analytical products in support of the client.
* Support energy and sustainability initiatives internally and externally. Respond to Executive Order goal setting requirements such as those in EO 14057 pertaining to energy and water efficiency.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, or General) or related field. Master's degree preferred.
* Familiarity with all and expertise in at least one of the following
* Renewable energy technologies, such as solar, wind, geothermal, hydro, or biomass
* Alternative energy technologies, such as natural gas or combined heat and power (CHP)
* Electrical distribution infrastructure technologies
* Energy storage technologies
* Energy security system technologies
* Utility control system technologies
* Experience in analysis of energy consumption, energy rates, and life cycle cost analysis.
* Certified Energy Manager certification, Energy Manager In-Training certification, or equivalent preferred.
* Federal or utility energy or sustainability experience preferred.
* Experience handling multiple, demanding, and complex tasks in a timely manner with accurate results.
- Cloud Computing
- Control Systems
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Feasibility Studies